Thirty Six

Some men need to learn that no means no!

I am not beating around the bush I want to be left alone.

Andrew's eyes connect with mine and he is by my side in a flash.

"Don't touch her," exasperates as he tries to measure up to the man before us.

Two arms wrap around me from behind and pull me away from the man and Andrew.

My wolf calms at this touch. It feels like home, like a place that I belong to. I feel better in these arms as if they were made to mold me into their body.

I turn and his golden eyes make me feel as if I am floating on air. Hunter is holding me tightly and I relish in his touch. My heart bursts in my chest.

"Back off!" I can hear the rumbling of his growl in his chest. His eyes darken as he looks at the man that just a moment ago held me. There is so much possessiveness in his gaze that I am taken aback.

"She's with you?" The man asks rubbing his jaw his eyes are also darkening. His wolf wants to challenge Hunter.

"I don't have to be with anyone. I said leave me alone so you leave me alone! Or you're going to have to answer to my wolf." I seethe at the man and to my surprise, he flinches back.

The man stares deep into my eyes and I am not sure what he sees but he swallows down.

Claudius is in front of us in a blink of an eye, "What seems to be the problem? Erin," Claudius stares at the man before us, and Erin looks uncomfortable. "Why are you bothering Alpha Blake and her guests."

Erin looks at me and then back at Claudius.

"You're Alpha Blake?" His eyes widen realizing that he messed with the wrong girl. "Alpha Blake is a female?"

"She sure is an alpha," Andrew chimes in with admiration, "a damn great alpha at that."

Yes, dumbass female alphas are possible!

"My apologies," he bows his head but it is too late and I do not want to accept his apology.

"A girl does not need to be an alpha for you to accept when she says no," I growl, misogynist asshole.

"Alpha Hunter," Claudius glances up at Hunter, "I didn't see you there." Claudius looks down at me and his eyes do not miss a thing as they stare at Hunter's arms around me.

"Two alphas!" Erin gulps as he looks over at Hunter. I can feel the heat radiating off of Hunter. His anger seems to be rising.

Erin tries to come close to us to apologize, "Back off!" Hunter growls at him pressing me closer to him.

"Erin, it is best that you leave. We'll talk later." Claudius states, but everyone in hearing distance knows that it is an order. There is a furious gleam in Claudius' eyes and Erin takes off without another word.

"Please enjoy the rest of your night and we'll make sure that none of that happens again." Claudius walks away as my eyes spot three other men leave their tables and walk behind him.

"Are you okay?" I turn to look at Hunter and he stares at me so much intensity. My heart melts he cares about me and wants to protect me.

"Yes, I can take care of myself you know."

"Why can't you accept that someone wants to look after you?" I shrug. I turn to look at Andrew and I see that Andrew is leading Angie back to the table as Ken is walking behind them with some other girl.

"Why are you," I jab my finger at his chest, "stalking me?"

"Melany, I am being serious!" He frowns at me.