Fifteen

Why is it when someone acknowledges your pain that the tears seem to want to flow freely?

Andrew stays with me.

My sobs grow louder as he rubs my arm consoling me.

Andrew controls his breathing giving me a pace to follow along with my own breathing. My head pounds from all the sobbing I've been doing.

The sun beams through the window as we sit there undisturbed.

Andrew reminisces about the stupid things we used to do to calm my hysterical cries.

Andrew reminds me about the time he would sneak me back into the house when we would be out watching movies later than we should have.

Or the time that I had to go to the burger joint in town and order seven number fives for Andrew and I got two heart attacks, which are the greasiest burger that they offered. The teenage girl stared at us with horror in her eyes as we ate our food.

He avoided bringing up my father and Marcus and for that I am thankful. Andrew brings up the day that I stole the Jeep because we wanted to go to a party out of town. Out of the both of us I had more experience driving. Every time I had to brake Andrew flew towards the dashboard. Once we arrived I was too stressed to enjoy the party and Andrew was sick to his stomach.

I laugh when he reminds me that Glenda, the girl he had a crush on, walked up to us at the party and Andrew was looking a tad bit green. When she turned to hug Andrew he throws up all over her shoes.

For the moment I feel okay, not great but I would be able to manage. Once I am able to control my breathing from laughing at Andrew's misfortunes and could speak I ask him to go because I want to shower.

With a heavy heart and a kiss to the temple he lets me know that he will be close by if I need him. I am so thankful that the moon goddess put Andrew in my life. Closing the door I am left all alone.

I am stronger than this. There is no excuse I have to be not just for me but for the good of my pack. They will not survive with Andrew as their Alpha. That brings the faintest of smiles to my lips.

The real question is can they survive with you as their Alpha, an Alpha which has not even taken the full position of her status.

I can if you are by my side. My wolf makes an animalistic sound that somewhat resembles a chuckle.

You can't get rid of me.

Even though the pain is unbearable a small smile pulls at the corner of my mouth making it even more visible. Somehow I pull myself together, I keep my eyes away from the mirror as I pull my shirt over my head and toss it to the floor.

I get into the shower turning the cold water knob all the way it would go. The water pulses to life and cascades over my body chilling me to the bone and washing away the sweat from last night and my thoughts drift further and further away from my lost mate.

My fingers grab the loofah and I pour the liquid body soap on it. I scrub my entire body as if I was trying to scrub off my skin but I realize that it is not my skin but my mind that remembers his scent.

I take an ice cold shower and washing away the soap my mind controls my body, and it moves like a robot with no emotions. Putting on a pair of sweats and a hoodie to keep me warm my eyes cannot avoid the mirror for too long my eyes take in the dark circles around my eyes. They move up my stormy gray eyes look back at me.

You need more rest.

My wolf worries about me.

I wish there was a way, or even a potion, that could make me rest easy.