Forty Three

It has been a month since Marcus has been out of my life, a month where I been able to run free, and breathe easy but also a month of having to say goodbye to Hunter on a daily basis. He has his own pack to take care of and I cannot bring myself to tear him away from them.

At the moment Andrew swings at my face as I pull myself back and give him a high kick to shoulder but he is quick as well. His hand grips my ankle and pushes it back making me unbalanced. I tumble back and land on my áss. I shake my head and growl.

"Get your head in the game, Mel!" Andrew smirks at me and I hear Angie cheer from behind me.

"Yay! Way to go Andrew." I turn to look at Angie and I narrow my eyes.

Andrew and Angie have been becoming very close in the last few weeks and I start to feel as if I been replaced until I caught them making out. He says that they are both lonely without having their mates so they have a 'friends with benefits' thing going on. I try to ignore them but she is just so bubbly.

Angie looks away from me and acts as if something else has caught her attention.

"Let's do this again!" I turn to look at Andrew and he shakes his head.

"I actually wanted to talk to you," he scratches the back of his head and looks away trying to hide something from me.

"What is it?"

"Well..." He looks over at Angie and she gives him a facial expression as if to say spill it already. "The Moonlight Ball is this weekend and I-I mean we want to know if you're planning on going."

The Moonlight Ball is where all the alphas from around the world come and socialize with other pack's alphas.

Usually, it is the Alpha, Beta, and Omega and their dates. It is a huge deal since the Alpha of Alpha's is there as well. I have never had the chance to meet him and I do not really want to.

"I haven't even got the invitation," I say confused.

"About that...I've been pushing it in your direction all week and you seem to ignore it."

"Oh," I shrug, "I don't know I don't feel like I want to be around all the alpha's and snotty Luna's that act like they can't get any dirt under their nails," I scrunch up my face.

"That may be true but you are an alpha and you need to make friends with them." Andrew comes closer to me and I snarl at him. He smiles at me unsurely.

"It seems like more trouble than it is worth," I start walking back to the house.

"You got two invitations...one from The Alpha himself." My feet stop in their tracks and I turn to look at Andrew.

"What?" My face falls as the words sink in. "He..."

"He has never personally invited anyone. So that means you have to go." Andrew smiles triumphantly as my jaw drops.

"You have got to be kidding me." My head hangs low as I turn to walk back to the house.

Why the hell would he want to meet me?

You're catching people's eyes.

Me?

Why? This is so not fair.

I did an alpha's job and now I'm being punished.

Stop your whining...Hunter is probably going.

Funny you say that he hasn't mentioned it at all.

I walk into my bedroom and I see the invitation on my dresser Andrew's last-ditch effort for me to accept.