Work

I arrive at work exactly five seconds early. "Morning Sue," I greet to my boss, subtly letting her know know I'm here "Morning Jess, your my only waitress on time," she says back
"You can count on me, I'll get serving."

I pick up my notepad and clip it to my side then pick up a tray, even though I'm in Manchester, it's an American styled diner hence the American, eighty's styled uniform. I collect the glasses and plates that have been used and drop them off in the kitchen.

A long nine hour shift later (I work from nine am until six.) I must of said "Can I take your order?" About fifty times. And smiled "Here you go," about forty times. At least now I know if the world ends I can serve myself some nice food. "Alright that's my shift!" I call into the back to let Sue and the kitchen members of staff know I'm leaving.

As I'm an employee I get one milkshake free a week from here so I decide, today, I'll use that. I make it in a to go cup and swirl some low fat whip cream on top, put a cherry on top and subtly put a few in my pocket for later. Then I grab a straw and go.

The walk from where I work to the bus stop is only short, two minutes and twenty seconds to be precise, it's in the town centre that the restaurant is in.

I tap my fingers on the edge of the cup as I ride the bus back home to my under average flat. I live in the poorer part of my town if you haven't noticed. "You sucking on that straw pretty hard," Alfie states
"Do you live on the bus or stalk me?" I ask "I'm going home, just like you are. I live in the same building, just like you do we are exactly the same." He says, moving to the seat next to me. "No. I work, your a slob," I sigh, getting up and moving two seats ahead.

The bus pulls to a stop on the road I live on and I grab my bag and practically run to the exit before Alfie can say one more thing to me. I put my little key that I wear around my neck and put it in the large white door and go inside, I shut it behind me to buy me some time and rush to my flat.

Shoving the other key in the door and getting inside, I realise I've made it. You may think I'm dumb to want to avoid a neighbour that bad but he's creepy and smelly, the type of person no one wants to be around.

I lock my door just to be safe and go to my room. I untie the bow on my apron by simply pulling at it and hang it up on the hanger in my closet and take of my ugly yellow, American diner uniform and put it on the hanger next to the white apron.

Then I return to my kitchen. Ugh! I forgot about the toaster! I pick up the ashy mess and put it in a plastic bag then brush the left over bits in the bag with it. I pick up the bag but before I get to the door my phone begins ringing. I drop the bag and instantly regret it as the ash spills out over the hall. Ugh! Sort it out later.