Hired

"Hello." I greet down the phone
"Hello. Is this Jessica Watford?" A woman asks "Yes. Who is this?"
"I'm Mrs Griffin, I heard you good at catering? I'd like to hire you,"
"Sure. Where and when?" I ask
"At 32 Morris drive, tomorrow night at six but I'd also like you to help set up so could you be there for half four?"
"Sure thing. Will I be getting paid for setting up?" I ask
"Of corse you will. Twelve pound an hour for the catering and thirty to help set up."
"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow at half four."

I know that last name and the address. It's Trevor Griffins. I went to primary school with him, for one year until he moved to a private school. The only time he ever spoke to me was when he asked for an answer in maths but since he did that I loved him. He was nice and genuine. I wonder what he'll be like now? Of corse he'll be at the party, it was probably his idea but I wonder if I'll see him there.

Luckily I only work part time at the restaurant, Monday's, Tuesdays and Thursday's. Today is Tuesday which means tomorrow is Wednesday, my day off to now get work.

I remember the ashy mess in my hall and know I have to clean it up. I brush it all back into the bag and carry it down the stairs and out to the main bins.

I forgot my key! And I can't buzz in because I live alone so no one will answer. I have no choice but to buzz in on Alfie. "Hello."
"It's Jess, buzz me in." I order and without a second thought the door buzzes and I push it open and head straight back to my flat.

When I return to my kitchen I put a microwaveable burger in the microwave and watch the timer at the side go down. Do you ever open it a second before it's ready just to avoid the beep at the end? Well I do. I put on a movie and watch it as I eat my food.

I go to bed at two am, I can have a late night, I can sleep in.

At twelve (midday) I wake up. I check the time. "Too early," I groan. My stomach roars at me, I haven't eaten since seven pm. Damn, I'll have to get up. I throw the covers off me and drag my body to the kitchen, which is only about twenty steps away. First I think of toast but then I remember I don't have a toaster, so I go for soup, it's lunch anyway.

I make my soup and sit at the table, half reading a magazine and half wondering about tonight. After I finish I wash up.

1pm, I need to chose an outfit. I look through my wardrobe for something half decent, it needs to look casual but not horrible, this is the first time I'll see Trevor since year four. I decide plain jeans and a white vest top with a grey sleeveless cardigan and some black heels.

I head out at half three since it'll probably take me a while to find it and the house is probably a while away since they live on the richer part of town and I live on the poorer side, plus it's best to be early than late.

I don't have a car so the question soon spreads how am I going to get there? I'll have to get the bus again. I get on the nineteen bus like usual which takes me to the town centre, where I get the number forty second bus to near the address, I don't want it to pass so I get off near by. Then I take a ten minute walk to the mansion of a house.