Four Am

I head back into the kitchen and put the tray down on the marble topped counter and turn to see Trevor standing in the doorway.

"Come with me." He orders as he pulls me into another room. "What is it Trevor? I'm working," I ask
"Are you really going to pretend like you don't love me all night?" Trevor asks "Well I couldn't love you anymore than you love yourself,"
"I know you loved me a while ago."
"I while ago? Like ten years ago!" I laugh. Trevor steps towards me, making me back against the wall, he puts one arm on the wall next to me. "I can hear you heart beat from here," he lies "It doesn't beat for you."
"I really want to kiss you right now," he says "You can." Trevor leans in a places his soft, plump lips on mine.

I know I said I wouldn't but look at him. How was I going to resist that?

*******

The end of the night soon approaches and by that I mean. Four am. Mrs Griffin hands me the money "You need it more than me." She mutters. I snatch it out of her cold blooded hands, collect my clothes and stagger towards the front door, I may of taken some shots. "Goodbye Jess, I hope to see you again soon," Trevor says from the top of the stairs "Bye Trev," I says back sounding no where near as posh.

I get a taxi home with some of the money I've just earned.

As soon as I get home I head straight to bed, without even changing. I yank my shoes off and hop into bed, wrapping myself up in my soft duvet. I get approximately five hours before my alarm sets off for my shift at the restaurant. I try to fight it but I know I'll have to get up eventually so I might as well get up and be on time for work.

I make some porridge in the microwave and I manage not to burn or set it on fire. I eat it quickly, wash up and throw my clothes in the washing machine.

I slip the apron off the hanger as I do most days and put it on the bed whilst I put on the yellow outfit that I hate so much.

I get the bus, on time today, and ride it to the town centre. I arrive at work five seconds early as I always do and begin working.

My day is dull until one pm where I see a man that looks a lot like Trevor from behind. I hold down my courage and dignity and go talk to him. "Ah Jess, what are you doing-" he begins before noticing the yellow uniform all the other waitresses are wearing. "I work here. What can I get you?" I ask
"Some answers. What did last night mean to you?" Trevor questions
"A lot but your mothers right we are to different and if that will be all then I have a job to do," I answer and turn away.

"Would you like to order?" I ask another table "Yes I'll have the-" a woman begins "She'll only be a minute." Trevor says as he puts a hand on either of my arms and pushes me away from the table.

"What do you mean my mothers right?
Maybe the old Jess would say that but not this new Jess," Trevor says
"We are too different. I'm saving up for a new toaster and you'll never have to save up for anything in your whole life," I explain
"We are no that different that's the only thing apart from the obvious. Let me prove it to you, let me take you out tonight,"
"I'm pretty busy,"
"I'll pick you up at nine," Trevor says and walks out, making an exit like the spoilt boy he is.