Ch 22

*casey pov*
I hated being laid up. With my dad gone most of the day it was boring. I went to school and came home. Of course the team was upset especially coach but he understood that I was "protecting the sweet girl that follows me around like a shadow" in his words. The only bright spot was sorina. She would wait for me after school and walk with me home. She made sure that dishes and things were taken care of things I normally would do but couldn't. Even when I told her that dad would do them she gave me a glare and continued the task she was on. After that we would watch movies until my dad got home then she would leave.

"You know something son? She may be shy but she's a little spitfire when she wants to be." My dad said one day after sorina left. "What do you mean?" I asked watching her walk away. "I saw her argue with you tonight. When you walked past my work place tonight. I couldn't tell what it was about but she must have reamed you good." Dad said with a chuckle. "Oh that. Yea she can be pretty stubborn. I was trying to get her to let me take her to the movies but she was the one who remembered I am still grounded and got after me about forgetting important things." I replied. "Well you better keep that girl close. She makes you happier than that red you used to talk about. I can tell. Plus she'll keep you out of more trouble." My dad said. "How can you tell?" I asked. "You mom was almost the same but not quite as shy. She always had my back and had this way about her that always had me smiling. It's how I could tell you had a girlfriend in the first place, you had the same goofy smile I had when I met your mom." Dad said looking up at the mantle where the family picture of the three of us sat I was much younger about five in the picture. "Thanks dad. Sorina is always worried that you won't like her bit I knew you approved all along." I said before heading upstairs and climbing into bed. I placed my good arm behind my head and sighed thinking about sorina.