PERCY

Percy never really liked school. Much less being home, but he still managed to get out to bed.

Percy stretched a bit, his back aching from being beaten with a belt by Gabe. He winced at the pain that surged through his body and frowned. He laid there for a while, just staring up at the ceiling.

School was less worse than home. Sure, there were the occasional bullies, but he had Thalia, Annabeth and Grover. A great group of friends if you ask Percy. Grover has been with Percy since they were in middle school. They wandered the streets of New York when Percy had the chance. But now, Percy rarely has the chance. He cooks, cleans and works while keeping up with school because all Gabe does is drink, smoke and abuse Percy.

Percy sighed and dragged himself out of bed. As he stood, he placed his arm on his back, grabbed his towel and walked to the bathroom.

Percy tried to ignore the bathroom's walls that were tainted brown and the sink and tub pipes being a bit rusty.

Percy brushed his teeth while looking in the mirror to see his bedhead. When did he not have a bedhead? His Raven black hair was always messy and never cooperated with him. His sea green eyes looked dull.

After brushing his teeth, he stepped into the shower, ridding himself of the sweats and white t-shirt. He turned the hot water on considering it was a frigid December morning and hot water helps soothe his back.

The water ran down his back. The burning sensation of the water seemed to soothe his back the slightest bit.

"Boy!" A voice yelled and Percy knew it was none other than Gabe, the devil himself. "Hurry out and make me breakfast you worthless brat!"

Percy used to flinch at those words: worthless, brat. And other names but Percy would have a long list of those to tell anyone who asked. No one would ask anyways. No one knew about Gabe.

"Did you hear me?!" Gabe bellowed.

"Yes sir," Percy said quietly, but loud enough for Gabe to hear.

He finished up his shower and walked to his room. He used deodorant and pulled on dark blue jeans with an orange t-shirt. He put his socks on and walked out, placing his red converse by the front door.

Percy went to the kitchen and prepared pancakes with a side of eggs and bacon for him and Gabe. Percy quickly downed his breakfast before Gabe came. Gabe barely allowed him to eat. Percy only eats about one meal a day, maybe not a single meal. Explains why he's scrawny.

Gabe walked in, a beer bottle in his hand. Suddenly, the bottle wasn't in his hand anymore. It was thrown at Percy and it broke against Percy's arm which was now oozing red blood, few shards of glass stuck onto there.

"Get your ass out of here you piece of shit," Gabe ordered, sitting at the table and eating his breakfast, belly hanging over his pants as usual.

Percy fought back the tears and walked to the bathroom, bandaging the fresh cut on his upper arm. It stung to move the arm. But Percy can manage. He's been given worse beatings.

♡♡♡

"Are you going to the pool after school again?" Grover asked as he walked through the doors with Percy.

"You know I am," Percy replied, a small smile spread across his face.

Grover frowned a bit. "Awe man," he sighed. "I was hoping we could catch a movie!"

Percy tried to look happy-ish. "Maybe some other time," he told his best friend even though he never gets the time to be with him anymore.

They stopped by Percy's locker and Grover kept babbling on and on about this girl he has a crush on while Percy simply smiled and gathered his things.

That's when the boy with the spiky golden blonde hair and electric blue eyes walked to his locker a few lockers to the right of Percy's.

Percy silently watched as the Golden Boy gathered his things from his locker.

"What the hell are you looking at?" Grover asked, raising an eyebrow. Then he followed Percy's gaze and saw Jason.

Jason finished gathering his things and walked down the hall and when Jason passed Percy, Jason caught Percy looking at him. He flashed a smile at Percy and kept walking.

Percy has always liked Jason. His eyes seemed to shock him and his hair - oh, how Percy wanted to run his hands through it.

But Jason had a girlfriend, Piper McLean. Jason isn't gay. Percy is. Percy knew it would never work out and he's not getting his hopes up.

Percy sighed, but then smiled as him and his best friend walked to their first period class.