Chapter 8:

Chres, Alexis, and I just came back from eating breakfast and were now heading to the mall.

“Ooh, these are cute!” Alexis shrieked looking at a pair of neon-glow-in-the-dark Adidas.

“OMG, I would totally wear those!” I explained getting a closer view of the cool shoes.

“Not, bad.” Chres said coming toward us.

“Here let’s go check out some other stuff, and then will come back if we don’t like anything else.” I suggested.

Both of them nodded their heads; Alexis seemed so cute with her black short shorts, suspenders, a white shirt, and her black city walks.

While we walked around the mall, Chres and I were holding hands the whole time. While kept shrieking of EVERYTHING she saw.

“So, what do you think of Alexis?” He asked. I looked up at him and then toward Alexis and smiled.

“She is simply just a child at heart, what else could you ask for?” I said smiling at him. Chres gave me a big hug while we walked.

“Yeah, Alexis and her mom are just like that.” He paused and then went on. “After her mom and dad got divorced, when she was only six, it was really tough for her. Then, I don’t know…AJ, Alexis, and I became real close. AJ and I are always telling Alexis she can’t have a boyfriend.” He paused and chuckled a little. “But then again, she still hasn’t gotten to that stage where she wants a boyfriend, and I’m glad. I want her to take her time.” He finished smiling.

“So pretty much you like her older brother?” I asked.

“Yeah, pretty much I am older than her by 2 years.” He replied.

“Wait, how old is she?” Chres thought for a while. “She’s 15 she’s turning 16 next Monday.” He said.

“So you’re older than me to then.” I explained. “Because I was held up a grade I’m still 14 so you are…what 3 years older than me?” I asked.

“You’re 14?” Now I regretted telling him.

“Yeah?” it came out as a question.

“This is SO cool; I am dating someone SUPER smart!!” I was relieved that he didn’t feel awkward now.

“Yeah, but let’s go catch up to Alexis!” I shrieked in his ear and ran toward Alexis. “Wait up!” I called out.

“Wait for me!” Chres called behind me.

At the mall I bought myself some more clothes, two pairs of shoes, and Alexis bought the shoes she saw at that store, and some dress shoes. Chres bought a pair of Adidas, and a cool jean jacket/sweater.

“I’ll be back bae.” Chres said.

“Where you going, Chres?” I asked looking at some dresses I love.

“I have to go to the bathroom.” He said shyly.

“Okay, we will be right here. Just don’t take long.” I laughed and he smiled.

“No problem.” He leaned over and pecked me on the cheek.

“Where he go?” Alexis asked. I turned around to face her.

“To the bathroom, but he’ll meet us here.” I explained.

“Okay…OMG look at these dresses, Rene!” Alexis gasped going into the store and touching a sparkly, red, short dress.

“That’s really pretty.” I gushed, I grabbed the dress. “Here…try it on!” I explained.

“NO! You know Chres and AJ will hurt me right?” Alexis laughed a little.