Chapter 28:

6 months later:

Alexis, Prodigy, Alexis’s mom, and I were at the doctors for the check-up on the baby. We were all nervous because today was the day the doctor told us if anything was wrong with the baby.

We were waiting for the doctor to come; so let me catch you up!

Chres and I were still dating. It was August, so school was all most to start…which sucked. But what was exciting was the baby was coming.

We didn’t know what the baby was going to be because Prod and Alexis wanted it to be a surprise; which I think is really stupid.

“Hello Alexis and Craig…” The doctor announced as he came in he sat down on the chair.

“Hi doctor!” Alexis’s mom exclaimed.

“So today…we are going to see how the baby is…” he got up and put some gloves on. “Can you lay down on your back Alexis…” he patted a spot were Alexis could lay.

“Okay…” Alexis was shaking of fear…for the sake of the baby of course.

“Okay…can you lift up your shirt…?” Alexis did as she was told and you could barely see her little belly popping out. Which I thought was so adorable because I knew the baby would be small.

The doctor put on the gel on her stomach and began putting pressure on her stomach so he could get a screen view of the baby.

“There’s the head…” the doctor pointed at the screen.

“OMG it’s so cute!” I exclaimed as I kept looking at the screen.

“Oh…look!” Alexis’s mother gasped as she pointed to the baby playing in the womb.

Alexis and Prod laughed both looking at the screen and holding hands.

“So do you guys have any questions?” The doctor asked as the image of the baby disappeared on the big screen.

“Does the baby have anything wrong?” Prod asked concern.

“Um…” the doctor looked down at his clipboard for a minute. “There is a 10% chance the baby might not survive when giving birth…” he closed the clipboard.

“What?” Alexis asked upset. She’s been SUPER emotional lately.

“I know that sounds bad but it’s 10% so that’s barely anything.” The doctor assured.

“Any more questions, you guys have?” the doctor asked.

We all looked at each other blankly which meant no.

“I do…” I said. “When is the due date?” I asked.

“Well she is seven months pregnant…so on the October 21.” The doctor explained.

“Okay…thank you…” I looked at Alexis.

“Well these are for you…” the doctor passed them images of the baby.

The doctor helped Alexis clean up the gel. Told her some more information about their next appointment and we left.

“Mom…I’m going with Rene and Prod, well if that’s fine with you.” Alexis explained outside the doctors.

“That’s perfectly fine…” Her mom leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Drive safe kids.

“We will Mrs. A.!” I called out from the back seat.

We drove home; Alexis and Prod talked quietly while I texted Chres.

We finally got home; after half an hour in the car with the two quiet ones.