Dream a Little Dream (Inception: Arthur/Dom) For Me (Chapter Seven)

It was nearly one in the morning when we finally left the club, and nearly one thirty when we finally got back. Chandler was very, very drunk, so we sent him back to the hotel under the care of Cassie, who promised she would make sure he got into bed safely, and stayed there. Dom and I, however, decided to go back to the lab and meet up with Arthur and Richard, who were still up.

The walk over was awkward. At least for me. I was on the verge of being drunk, and Dom was very sober, and in a good mood. I didn’t know what to do with him in a good mood. I had grown so accustomed to teasing him and pushing him until he was annoyed, but with him in a good mood, nothing seemed to bother him. It wasn’t a bad thing- I just didn’t know what to say.

“Fun night, right?” I tried. He nodded.

“Yes, it seems that I was right to trust you to come up with something fun. I’m in a much better mood now.”

“Good, good.”

We were silent the rest of the way to lab. When we got there, there was an unknown car there. A black Porsche, by the looks of it. I whistled, running my hand over the glossy surface of it. “This is gorgeous.” I leaned down, looking at the back license plate. It read “Prince” in bold black letters. Richard Prince’s car, then. Maybe I could convince him to let me drive it around.

“Don’t get distracted by the car,” Dom warned. “And don’t try to get him to let you drive it.”

“Wha-? Are you a mind reader?”

“Sometimes,” he said with a small smile. “But I’m being serious when I say this, Alexia – Richard Prince is not someone to be friends with. He has little to none personal relationships, so is ruthlessly brutal when getting what he wants. If you let him, he will stomp all over you.”

I raised my eyebrows at him. “Thanks for the pep talk. Now, if you don’t mind, I need to freshen up in the ladies room. Unless you’d like to come and continue prep talking me?”

He shook his head quickly, and I smirked, waltzing off to the bathroom. I slid into the empty room and flicked on the light. The florescent lights flickered hesitantly, then brightened. I sighed and slipped my shoes off. I set them on the sink counter, and splashed my face with cool water. It took a bit of the edge off, at least. But still, when I looked at my face, I looked different. My eyes were wide, and filled with a sense of excitement. They were bright, bright blue, and surprisingly, my mascara had held well, so my eyes were framed by long, dark lashes. My hair was coming out of its curls, now in big waves that didn’t look bad, but not good either. I thought back to the picture of Richard Prince, and decisively pulled up my hair into a ponytail. I didn’t care if he was a jerk or not – he was hot, and there was no way I was looking bad.

I finished within two minutes, and hurried out. As expected, Dom was waiting impatiently for me.

“You take forever.”

“I took two minutes,” I scoffed. “Don’t be such a baby.”

As if on cue, the elevator dinged, and slid open. I waved my hand at it. “There you go – perfect timing. Now you can’t complain.”

He didn’t say anything, but rolled his eyes. We didn’t speak the whole ride up. It was as thought something had changed, and I couldn’t find the words to say to him, and he wouldn’t look for something to say to me. It was odd. But at least the elevator ride up was only a minute long, and when we got out, we immediately found Arthur, pulling Richard out of a dream state. We strolled over, and I glanced down at the chair, where Richard Prince slept, eyes closed. Like this, he looked innocent, black hair falling on his forehead. Wordlessly, Arthur pulled the wire out, and Richard’s eyes fluttered open, revealing blue-grey eyes that were piercing and cold.