Dream a Little Dream (Inception: Arthur/Dom) For Me (Chapter Eleven)

“You wrote me a script?” I asked skeptically, holding the sheets in my hands. Arthur scowled at me as I started laughing. “You seriously wrote me a script…for talking to people?”

“Just Robert.”

“You do realize that he could respond any way, and these responses would make no sense at all, right?” I asked, glancing down at the paper in front of me. I saw very generic “flirty” response pages, and possible things that Robert might say. I read one off aloud. “’Hey, Robert, why don’t you come with me and…well…’ Arthur please tell me that these aren’t from personal experiences?”

He grabbed at the paper, but I pulled it away, laughing. “No, no. I’m keeping this. I’m not going to use it, but I’m going to keep it.”

“You’re making fun of me,” he mumbled. Immediately I felt bad, and flushed in humiliation that I had made him uncomfortable.

“No, no. I wasn’t. I’ll, uh, study this. And learn it.”

Anna paused as she strolled past, and not for the first time, I wondered when she appeared. She was so quiet – I never knew if she was actually around or not. Anna glanced at the paper in my hands, reading over it. She raised her eyebrows. “How interesting.”

“She’s making fun of me too!” Arthur complained lightly, though he didn’t really seem angry. Dom and Eames appeared, hearing the commotion outside. With one day to go until the plan was put into action, everyone was surprisingly calm. Dom peered over my shoulder, his breath warming my neck. He started laughing as he read over the lines. Arthur groaned and finally retrieved the paper from my hands. Dom leaned back, now out right laughing.

“Who came up with those? You, Alexia?”

“No,” I scoffed. “I could come up with more creative pick up lines. Like, ‘Did falling from heaven hurt? Because you are an angel.’”

This sent the group in raucous laughter. Even Arthur broke a smile, before crumpling up the paper and tossing it neatly into the trash. “Okay, I get it. You can flirt on your own.”

“I’m glad you have that faith in me,” I grinned, knocking elbows with him playfully. He smiled back ruefully, and I placed a hand on his arm. “Don’t worry, Arthur. I have this under control. We all know the plan. I’ll meet Robert tomorrow, presumably to talk about reversing the previous inception, but instead I’ll get him back to the hotel where we have the suite booked, and you guys will take care of getting him under. See? I’m all prepared, just like a big girl.”

“Your sarcasm is astounding, Alex,” Eames commented. I mock curtsied.

“Thank you very much.”

“Are the levels all completed?” Dom asked me. I nodded with pride.

“Oh, yes. Ariadne and I finally finished, thank you very much. I think she’s under right now, actually. Just adding a few final touches, I believe.”

“Good,” he said, satisfied. “We’re ahead of schedule, then.”

“Cheers to that!” Eames said, raising his hand as though holding a champagne glass. He nudged me, grinning, until I started laughing. “Can we all relax now?”

Dom looked reluctant at that, and I butted in quickly. “I’m relaxing. Don’t give us that look, Dom. I’m going out for drinks. Anyone else want to come?”

Surprisingly, Arthur was the first to volunteer. “I’ll go.”

After sending him a surprised look, Eames also agreed, raising his hand. Chandler, walking by, immediately volunteered to join us. After all, when was Chandler not up for a party? Even Anna seemed eager to go out and let loose for a night. That left Dom. And Cassie and Ariadne. But they were under right now.