t h i r t y: From One Unhappy Teen to Another

With June came new leaves and warm weather. Not to mention that summer vacation was only a few weeks away. In just a mere three weeks I would be a highschool graduate, as surprising as that sounds. But with June also came the stressful end of year exams as well as countless essays to hand in. Much to my chagrin, Stephanie and Lucy were by my bedside helping me study for my upcoming Chemistry final.

I don't study so I don't know how these two would possibly convince me to spend my precious time in a textbook. I must have become soft. Yep, that is definitely it.

My dad surprisingly didn't mind at all when Stephanie cut all her hair out. He just came home later that day, said she looked nice and went to bed. The day after, we went wig shopping and Steph must have picked out two-hundred dollars worth of wigs. Right now she was wearing a strawberry blond wig, that drew to around her shoulders. I thought that wig really suited her.

"I hate chemistry so much. I don't know how I'm going to benefit by memorizing the periodic table."

Lucy scrunched her nose at the textbook and replied, "You're right. Let's take a break." I slowly put my book down and jumped on my bed. I needed the rest, I was exhausted.

"Today's the fifteenth...." Stephanie drawled out.

"So?" I began as I closed my eyes.

This time Lucy answered. "Your birthday's in six days. What do you want to do? When I turned eighteen, my friends and I went to a club. Of course we had to get fake IDs, but I think I could get the two of you some."

I let out a chuckle as I threw my extra pillow at Lucy.

"I'm not into the party scene anymore. All I want to do is sleep and try to forget the fact that I'm going to get kicked out soon."

"Oh come on. You don't want to do anything? I'm pretty sure there's something we can all do. We can invite Thomas too if you want?"

"Oh god no. You two can be annoying little bitches if you want to. If you annoy me and I'm your friend, I can't image what you'll do to him."

"Hey," Lucy protested. "Thomas and I are friends. I knew him before you did anyway."

I gave her the look before saying, "Luce, you're just the annoying sister of the best friend. We all have one. To me, your brother is still a dick after all these years but he's starting to grow on me."

I didn't know why I was rejecting all their plans to do something but I honestly didn't feel like doing anything. I was dreading my birthday. I wanted to be seventeen forever.

Putting my chemistry textbook back to it's place I got up from my bed and said, "Well I'm going to go out. Lock my room when you leave." Before I left however I looked then right in the eye and added, "I mean it. No parties."

It was after I left my room that I pondered why I left those two inside it but I didn't want to go back. Grabbing my phone and a pair of headphones, I started to head to the only place where I could peacefully think. I haven't been there in a long time, but it's still my spot.

It was a short walk to the park, in which I kept thinking how my eighteenth birthday was only a week away. I could finally vote and own a house. Not that I would want to do either of those things right now. As I reached the park, it was difficult to remember where exactly the isolated area was but I soon found my way. Once you go to the same place for a year, then you almost always remember where it is.

Pushing away a few branches and leaves, I soon found myself in relaxation. For a moment at least. Laying down on the dewy grass, I felt a sudden anger course through me. I had no idea what was going on. I was supposed to feel better after my last therapy session, not worse. It seemed like I got better for a while, before it turned to crap. Taking out my phone, I dialed the number on speed dial.