t h i r t y - f o u r: I Don't Kiss and Tell

In a sprint, I managed to reach the line to enter the concert. I wasn't fazed by the fact that the long was over a block line and it was moving dreadfully slow and instead just smiled when I realized that I was going to see my favorite band. The very fact that this was on my birthday made this a million times better.

Halfway through Lucy had to go to the bathroom so Stephanie decided to go with her. Eventually, Bryson got hungry so he left for a while to get a hotdog. Eventually, it was Thomas and me.

"I can't thank you enough for this. This is one of the best birthday gifts I could get. How did you get the idea for it?"

"I remember a couple of months ago when we went to the arcade and you were slowly humming along to the lyrics of Boulevard of Broken Dreams and that was when I realized you like the band. Since they're on a tour now, I thought it would be a great idea to get tickets for all of us."

The smile on my face only got bigger which caused Thomas to smile too. I was starstruck. Now I know this must be the equivalence of a directioner meeting Harry Styles for the first time. Except less intense.

"I can't believe you remember that detail from so many months ago. I don't even remember that."

"You'd be surprised about how much you can remember when it's about someone you care about."

I lowered my head so he wouldn't be the small tint of red that crept up to my cheeks. Deciding that this topic would only bring me more embarrassment, I decided to change it.

"So you like the band?"

"It's not my favorite but yeah, Green Day is pretty cool. I prefer to listen to indie rock though. The Arctic Monkeys are pretty cool.

My eyebrows rose in interest. I didn't know he liked the Arctic Monkeys. I didn't know a lot of things about him. I lowered my head in guilt as I stared at the concrete floor.

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern laced in his voice.

"Nothing. Just thinking, that's all."

He was about to ask further when Bryson came back with two hotdogs in his hands. He was almost done with his first one and was about to bite the second one when I took it from him.

"Thanks. I was getting hungry. Although I prefer ketchup, mustard is good too."

His eyes widened in horror when I took a bite of the hot dog as if he couldn't believe that I ate his food. The best part was that he couldn't do anything about it. That's the great part of it being your birthday. You're practically untouchable.

***

An hour later (yes, my feet felt like they were dying) and we finally reached the top of the line. We all scanned our tickets and entered the main area. Adults of all ages and even some teenagers were walking around, deciding where to go. Some were already in the main concert hall while others were waiting on a line to buy merchandise.

"What do you want to do?" Thomas asked me.

Not wanting to wait in another line, I decided that we should just sit down in the concert area until the show begins. Everyone looked like they wanted to pass out anyway.

"Let's go sit down," I shouted since it was extremely loud in the hallway. Everyone agreed and we all made our way to our seats. They weren't the best seats since they were in the back but I didn't care at all. I was already so touched by the fact that I was here that I wouldn't mind if I listened to the music from the outside. It's the thought that counts.

I sat by Stephanie and Thomas, with Stephanie on my right and Thomas on the left. Lucy and Bryson were sitting directly behind me. They were already talking about something that I wasn't interested in (homework probably) and since Thomas was on the phone I decided to talk to Stephanie.