Chapter 19

Katelyn on the side

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Camille]

                Camille-

I know you may not believe this, since its coming from me, but I’m sorry. I know what I did was wrong and that’s why I’m leaving. I was so jealous of the life you live that I set on a path to destroy it. I ended up hurting the first person to give me a chance. Nathan didn’t do anything, it was all me, so please forgive him. He really, really likes you, and you still like him, so you two should be together. So, this is goodbye. Thank you for what you said to me, those words made me rethink my life. I don’t know when I’ll see you again, but hopefully, we can become sisters again.

-Katelyn

p.s. I left the bracelet in the bottom desk drawer.

“I can’t believe she’s really gone,” I said. I had given the others their notes and we were all in the dining room, thinking over it. Mom and dad were working late tonight, so it was just us siblings.

“I wonder where she went,” Aldrick though out loud.

Christien and I told them everything that’s been happening, beginning to end. From the time Katelyn started trouble, whats been going on at schoo, and her past.

“I don’t think she went back to her mom," he said with a frown on his face.

“Me either. Are there any other relatives?” Edmond asked. He had a serious look on his face, very rare for him. It only came out in important situations.

“Well, dad has a file of her upstairs,” Aldrick said matter-of-factly.

“And how do you know that?” Christien questioned.

“I know everything,” Aldrick said shrugging. “Anyways, first we must ask ourselves this: do we really care if she comes back?” His questioning eyes turned on me, as did the others. I clutched the note in my hand.

Can you really forgive her? I don’t know.

Do you believe her? I don’t know.

She’s your sister…

“We should bring her back. She is our sister after all,” I said smiling at my brothers.

“Way to go, sis,” Christien said giving me a pat on the back.

“Like I said, she is our sister.” We began to head upstairs to dads study, when the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” I hurried to the door and, when I opened it, Nathan and Jackson were there.

“Christien called us. We want to help find Katelyn,” Jackson said. I saw a glimmer of determination in his eyes.

“S-sure,” I said letting them in. I locked eyes with Nathan, replaying the words in Katelyn's letter. “You can head upstairs first, Jackson. First door on the left.” He gave us a brief nod before heading upstairs.

“You know I’m innocent, right?” he said.

“I don’t know, are you?”

“Of course. I would never hurt you intentionally.” For what seemed like ages, I smiled at him.

“I guess I should have known that.”

“Of course you should have. Do you realize how hurt I was?” he said doing an Edmond. “Not to mention the pain of seeing you with my best friend, which was really good acting by the way.”