16: I'll Launch A Manhunt

Dedication to @MyNameIsMedusa_
You should check out her books! The Winged Beauty made my heart melt with cuteness!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I started walking back into the ballroom as soon as I left him in the balcony. There are mixed emotions forming inside me. I couldn't exactly blame Luke for calling me by that name because he doesn't know. I could feel my heart drop as his voice was on repeat in my head.

No one has dared to call me that after what happened.

"Oh, hey Anna," I heard someone calling my name.

I saw a pair of familiar striking blue eyes looking at me. I was always jealous about her eyes. They were very breath taking.

I quickly morphed my expression into a smile. "Hi, Skylar," I said, waving at her.

She's Skylar Anderson. Yes, the daughter of William Anderson, the CEO of the Anderson Cooperation. We've met a few times in parties held by the company, which now makes me think: why have I never seen Luke before? Is his mother new in this company? I think I've ever seen here somewhere, but never realized that it was her.

She gave a small smile. "Thank God I saw you here. It's so boring in there, and Jessica won't stop gushing on how there are many 'cute' guys in here," she said, sighing as she put air quotation marks on the word cute.

Jessica, I believe, is her cousin. We've met once, and she seems to be a very energetic girl who makes everything around her seems lively.

I laughed slightly as she rolled her eyes, ranting about how annoying Jessica was.

"I'm not sure it's not that bad," I commented.

"I'd rather practice basketball for five hours rather than being here," she said, leaning against the wall.

She was wearing a simple black dress that went to her knees, showing her long legs, and she wore her black Chuck Taylors, yet she was still nearly as tall as me.

"I only came for the food," I agreed, chuckling a little.

She started chuckling as well, "That, I can agree."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So how was the anniversary party?" Michelle asked as we're now walking to our next class, which was history.

"It was okay, I guess," I said as I remembered the events that happened last night.

I ended up spending the remaining of the night talking with Skylar, which helped me cleared my mind of what happened before that, until midnight when my parents announced that we were leaving.

"You looked very pretty!" she gushed at me, making me confused. I didn't remember about sending her a picture of my outfit. "You totally rocked that head-to-toe red outfit."

"How do you know what I looked like last night?" I asked her, confusion written all over my face.

"Your mom posted pictures from last night on Facebook," she said, shrugging at me. I inwardly groaned. My mom, I tell you. "What? I'm buddies with your mom on Facebook."

My eyes widened in slight surprise. I'm rarely active on Facebook, so I had no idea. "Why would you be friends with my mom?"

"Because she's a cool mom. Mama Parker is my best friend," she said, winking at me.

I shook my head and laughed at her. "Your mom is seriously mom goals, Anna. I wish my mom would be more like that."

"What are you talking about?" I asked her with shock. "Maria is the best mother ever!"