23: I Would

"In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of!" Michelle sang out loud as we reached the top of the Empire State building. Apparently, this was her first time she's been to New York and has always wanted to come here.

Looking at the passer-bys who gave us the stink eye, I covered her mouth as I apologised.

"Chelle, for our sake, please stop," her boyfriend pleaded. "I don't want to be kicked out of here, especially for your first time visiting."

She had a silly grin on her face as she giggled. "I'm sorry! I'm just too excited."

I looked to my side and saw Luke giving her a glare. "Just don't get us arrested. I was dragged here."

True, after Jo and Lucy left, Michelle said that she wanted to go to the Empire State, and since Luke and I have nothing better to do, we followed them. And look where we are now.

We followed Michelle along as she walked around, admiring the view. I was amazed by the view, too. Everything looked tiny from up here.

I fished out my phone from my pocket, and tried to take a good picture for me to post in Instagram.

"If you want to post something good on Instagram, why not take a picture of me?" I heard Luke said as he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at him and I closed the camera app. "Yeah, I will. I'll wait until you fall asleep and drool. We'll see how it'll go," I replied with a smirk on my face.

"Please," he snorted, "I look good everywhere. Whether I'm asleep or not."

I turned away from him and just looked at the scenery in front, or below me. "Arrogant jerk," I said a bit loudly for him to hear that.

"I'm not deaf," I heard him mutter.

I snickered at him. "It was meant for you to hear it."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Great, I'm full," Michelle sighed happily as we got out from the restaurant we just went to.

Nate smiled at her, "I'm glad you are." The way his eyes looked into hers or when she looked into him just makes me want to squeal out loud.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, causing the both of them to look at me. "So, where are we going now?"

They both looked at each other before Nate spoke. "Well, I sort of forgot that Michelle and I were going to see a musical in Broadway, and I only bought two tickets."

"Oh," escaped my lips as I internally wanted to strangle him because they were leaving me alone with him. I'd rather be their third wheel than being alone with him, again.

I glared at them as they both smirked at me, and Michelle stared to mouth something at me. Like I said, I was horrible at lip reading, so it was either 'Have fun,' or 'Ham pun.'

Obviously it's not the latter.

Stuffing back her phone back to her bag, Michelle looked at us. "The play starts in half an hour, so we have to go there now. Have fun!" I swore I saw her winked at me as she dragged Nate with her.

I sighed as I walked to the nearest bench to sit on. "Great," I muttered. I looked at Luke, who was still standing there. "What do you want to do?"

He looked up at me and shrugged.

I looked around to find ideas on what to do when suddenly, an imaginary light bulb appeared on my head. "Hey, why don't we go ice-skating?" I asked, looking at him.

I could see a hint of hestitance on his eyes before he smirked at me. "Sure."

I secretly smirked as I walked towards the skating rink with him trailing behind me. The reason why I wanted to go skating was that I haven't been skating in a long time, and I missed it. Another reasons was just to see Luke maybe fail. I hope he can't skate.

As we reached the rink, both of us paid for our fees, and put on our skates. I smirked at him as we entered the rink. "Hope you can't skate," I snickered at him, and as I stepped onto the rink, I wobbled as I nearly tripped over the tramp.

He laughed at me, but then the moment his skates touched the ice, he started to wobble, making him hang on to the railing. I smirked at him, I knew it.

"Aw, you can't skate?" I said, cooing at him as I laughed quite evily.

"Oh, I'm deeply sorry, Anna," he said, emphasizing my name mockingly. "I'm sorry to disappoint you that not everyone could skate— can you even skate?"

I skated my way to the center of the rink and back at him as fast as I could before doing a slight jump. Looking at his face which actually looked dumbfounded, I gave him a smirk as I shrugged. "Not really."

"How do people use this?" he exclaimed, making me abruptly see him differently.

"Oi, Belle!" he whined as he held onto the railing like it was his life. "A little help here!"

I giggled at his ridiculousness. "It's not that hard, you know. Come here," I said, gesturing my hands, signaling him to come over, but he wouldn't budge, so I happily sighed and skated my way to him.

Grabbing his hand, he let go of the railing and skated, holding my hand. He was slowly getting it, but then he slipped and fall, causing me to also fall.

A staff nearby came over and helped us to get up. As he stood up, he struggled and nearly fell off, so the staff held his hand and skated to the railing.

I quickly regained my balance and skated to him. I laughed as I saw him huffing as he looked at me in desperation. "How do people use this thing?" he exclaimed, wobbling as he tried to get closer to me.

I heard a snap, and it was Luke who snapped his fingers in front me. "You okay?" he questioned. "You zoned out again."

I shook my head as I gave him a small smile. "I'm alright. Just remembered something," I said, and still feeling as I was in my flashback, I held my hand out to him. "Here, hold me."

He looked at me suspiciously. "Why would I?"

I laughed as I still held my hand out. "It's not like I'd toss you out or push you," I said, pausing as if I were thinking. "Oh wait, I would."

He sighed as he stiffly put his hand on mine.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello, it's me! haha
What do you think?
recently, the chapters have been shorter than previously. do you like it longer or like this?

If i make it ths short, i could often update :) x

For those of you who checked out my short story, He Never Did, thank you so much! <3