A Red Gift

I looked at the woman in front of me in confusion. "Who are you?" I asked again.

She laughed. "I'm Cyan, your hand."

"So what is that?" I asked again.

"Luna, I am your second in command. Like a beta. I advise you, and in time of need. I fight for you."

"Wow." Was all I could muster up. She giggled at my response.

"So what are we doing today Cyan?" I asked rubbing my tired face.

"Well Alpha has asked me to make sure you eat because apparently you have a habit of forgetting. You train with Jesse today at nine. You have rehearsal today at one, and you have wardrobe today at three."

"Rehearsal?" I asked looking up at her.

"Yes...for the mating ceremony." She said looking at me in confusion. "I guess you weren't aware of that."

"I thought I would be formally welcomed first."

"Is that what you want?" She asked looking at me.

I nodded. "I want my people to know me before I become their Luna." She smiled and went to scribble something down. Before her head snapped up as if she was hearing something that I wasn't.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Have you ever been a part of a pack?" I shook my head.

She scribbled on her paper again. "Mind link. When you become Luna you will have the ability to communicate with every pack member without speaking. It's like a walkie-talkie in your brain."

"Wow." That's cool.

"It gets annoying sometimes which is why you can shut it off. But alphas and betas can break through in case of am n emergency."

"You have the power?" She shook her head. "Sadly no."

"Will I?" She nodded.

"Then you should too. You're like my beta."

"But you can't call me that. A woman can't actually be a beta."

"In this pack she can. And you're mine."

"That's not how it works Luna."

I smirked. "Well we will see about that."

A knock went at the door. Cyan called them in. I looked at the four woman who entered and bowed.

"Luna," the greeted. I watched them in confusion. "Hello." I greeted in return.

"These are your maidens." Cyan said introducing me to Diana, Crystal, Madison and Louise.

"Just think of them as your maids." She said waving them off.

"Why are they like that?" I asked looking at their mute faces.

"They're sisters. They were rescued from a pack. They we slaves. We asked them if they wanted other jobs but they shook their heads and refused to speak." She said eyeing them suspiciously.

"They only speak formalities such as "Alpha, Luna, Yes, No, more sugar?" She laughed.

"That is not nice." I snapped at Cyan. "We know nothing of what happened to them. We will not disrespect them." I said sternly.

"You all may be excused. Thank you for helping me." They bowed and turned to leave the room.

"Sorry Luna." Cyan said apologetically.

"It's fine." I said honestly.

Cyan kept true to Romans request and made sure I ate enough to last me a week. I groaned in contentment as I walked to go train with Jesse. I was annoyed that I'd have to train with the asshole who called me a bitch. I was outraged that Roman would even allow me to train with him after what he said to me. But there Jesse stood as arrogant and cocky as ever.