A Spark

I stared into the grey walls of the castle in disbelief. I was here, united with my pack yet I felt so alone. We were able to cast a spell around Cali, who was now Lucina, but we were now at odds with one of our own on how to handle the situation. It really was an unexpected series of events. I looked back, wondering if this was the moon goddess' initial plan. If it is, I don't know what to believe in anymore.

    My life seemed to be a dream. Changing so dramatically in just a single instant. I miss more in my life just by being asleep. I yawned, looking over at my bashful boy. He was determined to sleep in my bed as long as he could while Roman was away. I smiled at his tiny arm draped over my swollen belly. I was due any day now. This pregnancy had been an easy one. I thought back to my first, how awful that time was. I remembered all of the bad Lucina put us through. I wanted nothing more than to rid the world of her completely, but how I missed my sister. My parents once again turned their backs to my world after what happened to Cali. They blamed me. But this world found Cali way before it found me via Roman. I wondered back, what if that had been Lucina the entire time? Working her magic in the most negative and darkest of ways.

    I began to train to become stronger, and better than her. I wanted to be a better witch than her, to be able to fight her and win. To know all of her thoughts and plans before she even pulled her next trick from her hat.

"Mommy!" I turned looking at my baby boy, my Ryan, he was growing so fast, a side effect of the Alpha blood in him. He would grow big and strong, with no problem. He was smarter than the kids his age, more mature; he understood things most kids would not. He paid attention to details most adults don't. And boy, was he gifted.

I watched as he held a ball in his hand running toward me. He sported a huge smile, one that reached his eyes and his eyes, almost closed in excitement. He was about 10 feet away from me when my loving eyes transformed into shock. He was not carrying a ball. In his hand was a ball of fire, growing as he laughed. I watched in amazement as his skin remained unburned, and healthy. I smiled to him, deciding in this moment, I would focus on what I could control.

"My hand is on fire!" he yelled.

I smiled, "No, the fire is in you."

I watched as his eyes found me. As I said, he was a kid who understood things most didn't. He closed his eyes and closed his fist in the moment to follow, making the once fire turn to ash and smoke in his hands. I watched him, a smile growing on my lips as his sister kicked at my belly. This life, as complicated and scary as it is....it is my life.

***

SEQUEL IS UP! Go READ, VOTE and ADD it to your lists 🤍