Dependable

1.24.19 Author's Note: So, I just had to share with you guys that in my brief hiatus from writing; I met the most incredible guy EVER and guess his name...Roman :o MIND BLOWN. How's that for speaking things into existence?! ANYWHO...Enjoy and of course...VOTE! **

~

The war started on a cold November day. I remember feeling the anger rolling off Roman through our mind link. To say he was furious is an understatement. I have no words to describe the feelings. Hate, disgust, complete and total desire to rip people to shreds...things of that nature. Me and my wolf took off to find our mate in his office. I opened the door and Roman tensed- looking at the door with an ice cold glare...until he met my eyes.

"Cara mi," he said greeting me. His anger was still there but a new feeling replaced it. Love. I walked up to him carefully.

"What's wrong? I almost took out an entire wing on my way down here." I joked. His entire became tense immediately; he resembled a Greek statue. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He looked at the map in front of him and the countless amount of newspapers. I looked closer.

"Animal attack, drug overdose, kidnapping..." I trailed off.

"Not reckless humans?" I guessed. He shook his head.

"Black Oblivion" he said simply. "The most disgusting pack of mutts I have set my eyes on. All rouge or disowned wolves who work with hunters and witches." He spat but quickly corrected himself. "I have nothing against witches."

"Why are they being so obvious?" I asked.

He smirked. "Because they want to be caught."

***
Oh wow. Let me catch you guys up to speed! So much has changed in these few months. Roman and I have gotten extremely close in more ways than one. He was being attentive and caring and cautious of how he approaches conversations whereas before he was almost always hurting my feelings due to his male mindlessness. We've been a power couple. I've been training so much and so hard that all the wolf stuff is like second nature to me now. Me and my wolf are one. It is a new a serene feeling to me.

After the brunch with Chloe we went to the pack house where apparently we had just missed all of the commotion. And by commotion I meant a smack down between my mate and my best friend. Apparently, Blake went to talk to Roman with the means to makeup but Roman took Blake's approach as a challenge. Needless to say, all hell broke loose until one very great little girl named Rose walked in and extinguished one big Alpha battle in my front room. I rolled my eyes in annoyance at the boys' barbaric behavior and decided that the more involved in their silly little feud, the more they would involve me in their silly little feud, so in the words of the least interesting protagonist in American films, "I'm Switzerland". 

 Life for me was changing a lot as well. I took on a more administrative role in our pack. I always feared that being tied down to a pack meant I would miss out of opportunities in life outside of this city but in all reality, the pack had created a whole new life for me that I didn't think was obtainable to me. Roman's dad is extremely wealthy and has multiple business and companies both in the U.S. and overseas! Some of those companies are going to be in need of a CEO in a few years when he decides to retire from his corporate 'coverup'. To say I want the position is an understatement. I've always been the person people have looked at to have all of the answers and even when I didn't- I made new answers! I know how to turn a sinking ship into a prize boat.  

I frowned as I typed against the computer, fumbling with words that'll make me seem more credible than I was. I sighed, feeling the thoughts of self doubt creep in. I shook it off and replaced it with more positive, motivating vibes- flooding my mind with Beyoncé lyrics and Rupi quotes until I felt enough like an empowered woman to venture on about my resume. 

"Dependable..." I flinched at the new voice to the left of my ear and stood. It was a girl; no older than I. I glanced at my laptop that lay discarded on the floor in front of me . 

"Who are you?" I demanded, watching her cautiously. She was wearing a deep green, one piece with a cape like jacket that had a super outdated hood. I noticed she was wearing a belt that was similar of a plumber's. I frowned when she didn't answer. Instead, she watched me in shock as if she wasn't supposed to be seen. 

"Well, I'm not talking to a wall." 

"Desite!" she shrieked and a cast of smoke encased the spot she once stood, but as for her...she was gone.

 I screamed, "Roman!" A guard opened the door and two more followed in. "There was a witch! A witch!" I screamed in disbelief. I had never seen one. I wasn't raised in a supernatural household. I was in complete shock. Roman burst through the cluster of guards and immediately was at my aid. I looked at him in curiosity. "How the hell was she in here? How was she able to see into the pack, let alone me?" I demanded looking at Roman in question.

"If they're fighting with witches, then we clearly need to know what we're up against because I was not ready! She was in her over my shoulder and I had absolutely no clue."  I added. I was met with silence again. I turned to face Roman. "This isn't the first time she was here." I concluded. I heard the men in the room swallow; confirming my already made assumptions. I growled. 

"The next time I am unaware of an intruder in this pack- heads will role and positions will need filling." And with that I looked each and every member of the guard, who was present, in the eye. With unwavering confidence, I bore into their souls, promising them and everyone they delivered the message to, a fate worse than death. "I will not to be spied on in my own pack. My home"- I felt unshakable anger course through my body, through my soul. I felt betrayed and...irrelevant. I shook it off. They will learn. 

   I growled in disgust. "The next time I summon you- beat me there." I turned and caught Roman' eyes. He was looking at me with a mixture of emotions. The first I saw was amusement. I rose my brow in annoyance. He clearly didn't understand by wrath would soon be shared on his Alpha ass. When he noticed the lack of lust in my eye, his emotion changed immediately, and I was now faced with the five year Ro who was now pondering his recent list of short comings. I turned and exited the room. 

 I was barely in the warm embrace of the crimson colored walls in the hallway when I heard the angelic voice a woman behind me. "Luna!" She called. I turned to see a familiar face, Emily. I smiled at her. She was a pretty shy girl so to see her so excited to see me was a bit odd. I smiled nonetheless, "Emily," I greeted. "How are you today?"

 I noticed a black enveloped in her hand. "What's that?" I asked when she didn't answer for a while. "Emily?" I waited. I looked from the envelope and caught her eye. She was staring at me with a pained expression. 

"I don't know. I don't even remember how I got  it or who gave it to me. I just know I have to give it to you." 

I frowned at her in confusion. "What?" 

"Don't." she said when I went to take it from her. I tilted my head and reached my hand out to touch her. 

"Don't!" Roman boomed behind me. I turned to him but he was already at my side grabbing my hand to stop me. "She's hexed." He said as if it were fated. 

"What does that mean?" 

"It means the witch was here for a reason. She was the distraction." he grabbed the card from her hands careful not to touch her body. "Lunas are supposed to accept a bow whenever they are greeted...you don't follow normal protocol. Thank god." He opened the card, watching me carefully as he continued to speak. "If you turn a hexed person, the hex is transferring- rooting the person who hexed 'her'," he signaled to Emily, "Right into your head. Right into our pack." 

 He pulled the envelope out. 

"What does it say?" I asked. 

  I watched his face as he read and with every word, his expression changed. His eyes, which were just once so stern and tough, softened. His shoulders relaxed. He let out a breath, a shaky one. I saw a bead of sweat drip on his forehead and for once...I saw him tremble. He was terrified, but he also sending a strong feeling through our bond. An unmistakable emotional. The most powerful thing in the room, his love. 

His eyes met mine and I saw something. A flicker of a dance of light. Maybe I imagined it, but I saw something I could only feel. He opened his mouth, "We're having a baby?" he asked dropping his hand to the side.