A Whole New Meaning Of Love

Following the wedding, we had a surprise reception for our pack. The surprise was, we had already invited a few members of neighboring and allying packs to come and join the celebration. There was nothing like being able to connect and reconnect with wolves from a different land, and demographic. I especially loved the time our Italian family joined us a few months ago. They were the perfect guests and they brought us wine, and other delectable things from their home to try. I was saddened to hear they were unable to make it this time, but we would be seeing them soon. They decided to join our fight against Lucina. They didn't support the idea of a witch targeting the power within Alpha blood.

We had invited six packs to come to join in on the celebration. I was not saddened at all to downsize the wedding once I knew I could have a huge reception. The pack had been preparing for the "practice wedding". Everyone who had attended the real ceremony was sworn to secrecy. I was in our room, changing from my beautiful dress when I saw her stick her head out. I was so happy I was able to tell Rose the truth, she was my flower girl earlier in the day.

"Your dress is so pretty," she said coming and closing the door. "What are you wearing for the party?" I pointed to the white dress on the bed. It was made to match my wedding dress, but it had splits in the side and sleeves. Instead of masking my belly, it put it on display.

"Ooooh!" she shrieked. "I'm so happy we're sisters now."

"Me too." I smiled.

"I can't wait to meet the baby. I think it's going to be a girl." I shook my head.

"It's a boy?" she gasped. "Are you going to name him Roman?" I shook my head.

"I don't know yet."

"I like Ryan." She announced, her words laced with enthusiasm. She was excited about the new addition. My heart doubled in size, aching with love. This baby, my baby would be born into a family that wants it. I was overjoyed and full of emotion knowing I myself grew up feeling unwanted and inadequate. I was always afraid my kid would have that life but luckily, I had a Roman. He was my mate. And no witch's magic could affect our bond.

"I like Ryan too." I said honestly. It was a nice name. It was four letters like me but it also relates to Roman's name 

"Wow. I'm gonna be an auntie."

"You are."

She frowned. "I'm not going to be alpha now. You're having a son."

"Hey." I said kneeling to her. "He's gonna learn from you. Trust me. You're going to be the one to pass down the throne." 

"It doesn't work that way."

"It does now." I swore.

After changing and talking with Rose. I descended the stairs to enter the main area of the packhouse. I had once been lost in these halls. I laughed to myself knowing I now walk blindly through in the odd hours of the nights to get cereal. 

I opened the doors to the ballroom and swelled at the beauty of the decor. Blake organized the entire set up. I hadn't been allowed to see anything but after constant, frequent bugging- he reassured me he knew me better than I knew myself and he wouldn't allow his name and reputation as an event coordinator to be tarnished.

There were beautiful multicolored mosses hanging from the ceiling. The color scheme was lavender and cream. The entire room was draped and it was a calming environment. I didn't look at the detail too much before I was swept away for congratulatory hugs and pictures. I was happy to be celebrated but I wanted nothing more than to find my husband. We had barely seen each other.

It was as if he had read my thoughts. "My bride." I turned to his voice. He was extended a glass of red wine to me. "It's okay."

I smiled and accepted it. My first drink in months. I wondered if I would be tipsy and instantly nodded to myself knowing my tolerance was shit anyway.

Roman had not changed and I was thankful for it. He looked fantastic. He was truly a gift. I wrapped my arms around him. He looked down and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"You just made me the happiest man alive. Thank you." I beamed at him.

"I would do it all again."I was about to speak to Roman when the energy of a powerful essence overwhelmed me. A guest was here. Roman and I waddle to the front entrance to greet them when I saw Blake was already there. He and some guy standing behind Alpha Jake of the Shadow Rise Pack in a staring match.

"Hello!" I greeted breaking their trance. Blake stormed away without another word. The other guy's immediately found the floor. I was instantly distracted following Blake's exit. Introductions were a blur as I quickly excused myself to find Blake.

I used my new knowledge of witch abilities to find him. As a witch. You can locate a wolf or any being that you're close to. He was in the upstairs bathroom. I knocked, he didn't answer so I burst in. There he was with the guy from before. They were staring at each other with such intensity that it was unmistakable. Or was it?

"What's going on?"

They looked between each other. "I'm gonna tell her," Blake said. I internally smiled at my best friend.

The guy sighed.

"You know me." he said to me in a soft voice, almost as if he were asking a question.

I nodded to his statement but somehow I felt he needed my validation.

"I found my mate today." He said. He couldn't hide his smile if he tried.

"Oh my!" I shrieked. "Who is she?" I asked instantly wanting to know more.

He swallowed almost as if it pained him. "It's him." He spat out.