Daddy

"But I want that one!" I rolled my eyes at the little girl who was currently throwing a tantrum at my legs. I hate to say it, but Rose was pissing me off. 

 "At this point, you don't even deserve a pet. You're acting like a big, ugly baby who can't even control herself in a pet store...why should I trust you with another life?" I said sternly as I looked her in her big, bright eyes. Her lip trembled and I almost felt bad, but Rose's days of being a spoiled brat were no more. I was going to put an end to it. "Get up now or so help me, I will drag you out of here with nothing, not even a doggy biscuit." She pursed her lips and stood. 

"That was really mean"-

"Rose, shut up." I said pointing my finger at her. "I believe in spanking bad children, and I really like you, I would hate to embarrass you." She looked terrified by my threat and I mentally hugged myself for getting one up on the little Princess. 

"I just want him to be perfect." she said after a short while. 

"That wasn't a dog Rose." I said rolling my eyes at her. 

"What is it then? Since you know it all?" she spat. 

"That's it." I spat back at her. "We're leaving." I decided as I grabbed her and lifted her on to my side and walked out. "Thanks for the help," I said to a worker who had assisted us on the way, "don't think she's quite ready for a pet yet." I ignored her kicking and screaming as I walked her to the car and buckled her in, making sure to issue the child lock on to her door. Rose had a temper worse than anything I had ever seen. 

"You're so mean!" She screamed. I took a second getting in the car and took a deep breath. The kid was mental. I opened my door and the sound of her high pitched screamed radiated through the car. 

"Rose," I tried to calm her but the only thing that I was successfully doing, was getting pissed off. 

 Bzzz- 

I looked down at my sleek phone that was vibrating inside of my purse on the seat next to me. I answered quickly in relief when I saw the name on the phone. "How's the dog shopping"- Roman was cut off by another outburst by Rose. 

"I hate you!" she screamed with tears streaming down her face. "I hope Roman never marries you! I hope he'll realize you aren't his mate! I hate you! I liked Rebecca way better! I hate you!" She screamed. 

"Shut up!" I boomed. "You are so ungrateful and mean! You are nothing like the sweet girl I met a few weeks ago! You've been nothing but disrespectful to me all day and I'm sick of it. You don't get to disrespect me. Do you understand?" For the first time through out the day Rose was quiet. She bowed her head to me in respect and looked out of the window ignoring me, I could tell she was still unhappy but I didn't care what thoughts went through her head as long as I didn't have to hear her bloody screaming all day. 

"Well, I guess that explains it." Roman spoke awkwardly on the other line.

"I don't know what I did." I mumbled into the phone. I took a breath. "I'll be home soon." and I hung up feeling very drained. My day started out great, I was looking forward to having a puppy around the house, but with the way the Little Princess was behaving I had no problem going without if it meant she learned a lesson on humility.  

  We had been driving for about five minutes when I heard her. "I didn't mean any of it..." she whispered. "I do like you a lot." she admitted. I didn't respond and pretended I didn't hear her. "I get lonely sometimes is all. I'm the only kid in the big house. All the other kids have their own friends and they wouldn't play with me anyway on a count that I'm Roman's sister. They're all scared. I just wanted a pet that could keep me company when I was alone...I wanted him to be perfect and when you said no...I just got mad at you." 

Mated by Chanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें