Stay A While

“Hey, whatcha thinking?”

Andy’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Oh…nothing.” The people who had the couch had brought it by a couple hours ago, and Andy and I were chilling on it. Dante had to go out to do Picture Me Broken things.

“Want to practice Knives and Pens?”

“Yeah, sure. But, hey, are you staying over again tonight?”

“Only if you want.”

“I wouldn’t mind.” I began to mull over my choice of words. Maybe I should have just said…whatever. It doesn’t matter.

“Cool. I’ll have to run home for clothes, though, and can I shower here?”

“Yeah, go for it. Andy?” I asked.

“Hm?”

“Well, since the contest is this weekend, and I need as much practice as I can get, and you wrote the song, I was wondering if you wanted to just stay here this week-” Why was I stumbling over my words?

“Totally. I know how nervous you are, even though you really don’t need to be. I know you’re going to win this thing.”

“Awesome. Um…you should probably go get your clothes, then…I’m going to set up the PA and the microphones.”

He laughed. “Your neighbors are going to hate us.”

“They can kiss my ass,” I said. “Music is my life, and they can deal with it.”

“Alright, well, I’ll be back in about half an hour.”

“Kay.” I said, watching him leave.

I stood up after a few seconds, and walked to the music room. The PA was sitting there next to Dante and my guitars.

I pulled the mic stands out of the closet on the other side of the room and hooked the microphones up to the PA, and checked to make sure they were hooked up to the amps and speakers.

By the time I had done that, and set up my guitars, Andy had come back. He had a bag with him, which I assumed carried what he’d need in it.

“You can just drop that off wherever you’re going to be sleeping.” I said absentmindedly, making sure that the PA sound controls were working correctly.

He nodded and put it in the living room.

We worked for the next few hours, correcting my pitches and perfecting my screaming as best as possible.

“I’m impressed. Not many girls can scream that good.” He said as I was turning off the PA and the microphones.

“Yeah, well…practice.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this one is rather short, guys. I think the next one is longer, I'll have to check. This one was kind of a filler anyway. Regardless, let me know what you think, or what you think is gonna happen. :)