Unexpected Visitor

“Raven…” I whispered quietly.

“What?” Andy asked.

I ignored him and walked over to the security guard, where Raven finally spotted me.

“Rain!” He said.

I looked at him, examining his dark eyes…his face…it really was him.

I stepped forward and hugged him. He hugged back like his life depended on it.

“What are you doing here Raven? Is Tammy with you?” I asked, pulling back from the hug.

“No, I messaged you on Facebook and I tried to call you to tell you I was here, but you never responded or picked up…I ran away, Rain.”

“Is she still…?”

He nodded. I sighed. “Alright, come on. I’m going to take you to my apartment, and we’ll talk there, where there’s a lesser chance of anyone overhearing everything. Plus, we’ll get you dressed in some different clothes and washed up.”

Andy’s POV

The boy I met yesterday…Ray…he’s Rain’s brother?

Why didn’t she tell me she had a brother?

I watched her say goodbye to the rest of DTY, arranging to meet up sometime in the next couple of days, say goodbye to Jinxx, Sammi, Ash, and CC, apologizing for not being able to hang out longer, and take my hand, leading me and Raven out to the car with Dante.

I was shocked.

That’s what was so familiar about the kid…

The ride back to her apartment was silent and somewhat awkward.

When we got there, she asked Dante to take Raven to get something to eat, and then took me into her room and closed the door behind us.

“Look, Andy, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about Raven. It’s just…it’s a really long story, and if you want to hear it, we have to get him cleaned up and dressed in fresh clothes. I really don’t want you to be mad at me.”

It hit me…she thought I was mad. No, I was just in shock. I can’t be mad at her for having a brother.

I pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head. “I’m not mad, Rain. I was just a little shocked. I met him yesterday, but I didn’t know he was your brother. If I had known…”

“It’s alright.”

“I guess…I’ll find something in my bag for him to wear if you want.”

“Would you? I’m going to take him shopping tomorrow before we have to go back to the contest for the results.”

I gave her a quick kiss and walked off to find the kid something to wear.

I hoped he didn’t mind all black, but, judging by the clothes he was wearing, he wouldn’t care.

The kid was quite a bit shorter than me, but I was fairly certain that the shorts and the t shirt would fit alright.

I walked out into the living room where Rain stood with Raven and Dante.

“Here you go, kid,” I said, handing him the clothes and offering him a smile.

“Thanks,” He said awkwardly, taking the clothes.

“Come on, I’ll show you the bathroom.” Rain said, putting her arm around her little brother’s shoulders and steering him towards their bathroom.

“So, are you and Rain going to let him stay here, or is she sending him back to their mother?”

“I don’t even know yet.” Dante said. “He seems like a cool kid, though. He totally rocked out to Motley on the way up to McDonald’s.”

“Yeah, I met him yesterday…I wish I’d known who he was. He had another kid with him, though…I wonder where he went.”

“Cool,” Dante said absentmindedly. “Hey, I gotta go. If Rain wants you to, you can stay here again tonight.”

“Awesome. Where you off to?”

“Oh, Nicci wanted to meet up…”

I grinned at him. “So…you and Nicci back together?”

“Not-not officially. I’m still deciding on whether or not to go back to her.”

“Good luck, man.”

“Yeah. See ya later, Andy.” Dante said, leaving.

Rain came out and sat next to me on their couch.

“Thank you for giving him an outfit for now.”

“No problem, really. I love you, you love him, and he seems like a sweet kid.”

“He is…I still need to find out how he got here and why. I can’t see why Tammy would just let him go like that…”

There was a knock on the door.

“Dante probably forgot his keys again,” Rain said, standing up and opening the door.

A tall guy with dark brown hair and a slightly brooding demeanor stood there.

“Devine?” Rain asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn Devine. -.- Anyway, read, review, love...One day till BOTDF's new song...who's excited? ^-^