Line Left Blank (I Wish I Could Take It All Back)

Andy’s POV

I sank down onto my bed, looking at my phone, and fiddling with my promise ring; the one that matched Rain’s, if she kept it.

For the past few months, I’d replayed the whole tour, wishing I could take everything back. I wanted so much just to take everything I had said back. I wanted to turn back time, all the way back to when she’d called me on tour and asked if I wanted kids, and change everything.

“Hey, Andy, do you want me to stay the night, baby?”

I groaned inwardly. No, I don’t. I don’t want you. I want Rain. I never wanted you. I always wanted Rain. Instead, what came out was, “No, that’s alright, babe. You should head home. I’ve…got a lot to do.”

Michelle smiled and nodded, leaving the house.

I dropped my head into my hands and sighed. This wasn’t supposed to happen. None of this was supposed to happen. It was supposed to be me and Rain, forever. We were supposed to get married and live happily every after, even have kids. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted it. I wanted her next to me every night again, and I wanted to see her in her dress at our wedding, telling the world that she was mine and I was hers, forever. I wanted the rings, the vows, the dances…I even wanted the family part. I wanted it all.

And I wanted it all with her.

My phone screen flashed a text message saying, ‘Rain had her baby.’

I sighed. ‘And?’ Why was I supposed to care? It wasn’t my kid.

‘Just thought you’d like to know.’ Sammi replied.

But the thing was: I did care. For some stupid, unknown reason, I cared. Part of me really wanted to see this baby, to tell her I was sorry, and pretend the kid was mine and we could be a happy family.

My pride got the best of me, though, so I didn’t-wouldn’t-do that.

Even after we broke up, I didn’t take my promise ring off. Until then. I rummaged around in one of my drawers, looking for a chain, and finding one. I slipped the ring onto it and put it around my neck, tucking it beneath my shirt and slipping underneath my bedspread, attempting sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain’s POV

So, I was handed documents, and I let Dante hold Jepha and sit next to me, smiling, talking to Jeph, while I read the papers and filled them out.

Full name, Jepharee Andrew Moore; Time of birth, 12:55 A.M.; Mother (Full name), Rain Moore.

And then I was staring at the inevitable line that said: Father (Full name).

I left it blank.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last chapter! The song...is still iffy in my mind. It's a great song, but I just don't know if it fits very well.....Ah, well...Comments, votes, everything and anything! I love you all! The sequel starts tomorrow and thank you all for sticking with me during this story. You've been wonderfully faithful readers and I don't think there is anyone more awesome than you guys! <3 Also, if you'd like to see a picture of what Jepha looks like when I start the sequel, let me know, and I'll post it on the side of the first chapter of the sequel. Okay. I'll shut up now so all of you can tell me what you think!