Welcome To The World

The remaining months of my pregnancy were filled with shopping for the baby, visiting doctors, visits from the family; a few of FIR stopped by from time to time, and A7X came by to hang out and drop off Avenged Sevenfold onesies. Dante and I worked on the baby’s room, and he and Raven finished it towards the end of the pregnancy. I also spent many nights looking at the old photos of Andy and I.

 I cried a little too often.

The day I ended up in the hospital was a rush. It was a chain of phone calls, a blur of Dante mass texting everyone and grabbing the hospital bag, getting me out to the car and to the hospital ER.

As I was being told to relax for a moment, and the doctors were using technical terms, Dante held my hand and talked to soothe me, just like he had during all of the morning sickness events, the false alarms, and everything else.

I’d heard that it probably wouldn’t help, Dante talking to me, but it did. It successfully calmed me and I was able to think a little clearer and push when I was told to.

In the back of my mind, behind the pain and the happiness that the baby was finally here, I wished Andy was here, too.

After only a short time, the baby was out, I was closing my eyes for a second, with Dante next to me, saying, “You did fantastic, Rain. He’s beautiful; you did great. You’re a great mommy, Rain.”

I smiled faintly and opened my eyes when I felt my son be put in my arms. I looked at him carefully.

Dante was right; he was beautiful. He had a full head of golden blonde hair and blue eyes.

It was incredible how, even then, he looked so much like his father.

“I’m not sure what to name him, D.” I confessed.

“Well…what’s he look like to you? Name-wise.”

“Um… Can we ask the others for help?”

Another doctor came in at that moment, looking a little harassed. “Ms. Moore, there’s a ton of people in the waiting room, all claiming to be here for you.”

D smiled at me. “It looks like we can.”

“Do you want us to let them all in? It’s usually against hospital procedures, but…”

“Yes, please.” I confirmed.

He nodded, looking at me like I was insane, then went back out into the waiting room.

Shortly after, a small crowd of people came in. It was just like when Raven had been sick, only, literally everybody, excluding Andy, was here this time, staring at me, Dante, and the baby.

“What’s his name?” Alicia finally asked.

“He hasn’t got one, yet.” I told them all. “I was hoping you guys’d help out?”

Everyone started spewing names, but Dante shut them up, asking if they really wanted to have a wailing newborn in the room.

“Okay, in order, suggest.” We went through several names, but none of them really fit him.

I pointed at Gerard. “Well…” He said slowly. “I haven’t talked to them in forever, but maybe Jepharee?”

“As in, J-E-P-H-A-R-E-E?” I asked him.

“Yeah…I mean, I know it's not the best suggestion, but I just wanted to contribute something and he kinda looks like a Jepharee-”

I looked at the bundle of blonde hair and blue eyes. “Jepharee…Jepha…Jepharee Andrew Moore.” I muttered, so only Dante and Sammi could hear me. “I like it.”

“It fits him.” Dante agreed, brushing a lock of blonde hair out of Jepha’s eyes.

Sammi was taking photos right and left, smiling and telling me how handsome he was.

Dante held Jepha first, because he helped so much, and was there throughout the whole thing.

Then Gerard because he suggested Jeph’s name.

Jepha was passed around to be held by everyone, but he was calm throughout the whole thing, never once crying or getting fussy.

Raven almost burst into tears at being an uncle, and Ash had to take Jeph and hand him to Mikey, who held him extremely carefully, looking pale and terrified. Alicia laughed and took Jeph from him.

“God, Mikey,” She had muttered, smiling. “You’re still like that even after our kids. I can’t believe it.”

Matt Good was even getting a little mushy. I think he knew it was Andy’s, but didn’t want to say anything to either of us, because he didn’t want to cause trouble.

The doctor who had let everyone in knocked lightly and walked in. “Ms. Moore, you and your son will be able to go home tomorrow morning, if you feel up to it. He’s a healthy baby boy, and the only thing left for you to do is fill out his information.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last chapter is next!! D: I beg of you not to hate me. But do leave comments. Everywhere and anywhere! :)