A Close One

Scarlett Johnson

"Scarlett! Shawn! Breakfast!"

   My Mom called from the hallway, I rolled over and realized Shawn's face was buried in the crook of my neck, and his arm was draped across my stomach.

  I gasped and quickly slid out from him, only to wake him up seconds later.

   I fell onto the floor and hurried to stand up, I rushed over to the door and locked it quietly.

   "Okay Mom! Coming!"

  I called back, I turned to see that Shawn sat up, his eyes trailed up and down my body.

   I looked down and noticed that my legs were bare and my shirt only covered halfway down my thighs.

    "Don't look!"

   I exclaimed quietly, he chuckled and stood up from my bed.

  His shirtless body gleamed in the morning rays of sunlight bursting through my curtains as he slowly approached me, his bare feet were quiet on the hardwood floor, I tried to keep my eyes on his.

  Once he reached me he bent down and pecked my forehead, I pulled back and gave him a confused look.

     "Shawn do you know how bad this looks?"

  I asked him, he shook his head and smiled.

   "What?"

I questioned him, he laughed quietly.

   "Nothing... You're just cute when you're nervous."

  He told me in almost a whisper, I blushed and turned away from him.

   "We need to get you out of here."

   I told him and I peered out the door into the hallway, he didn't say anything.

  I turned back to face him, but he had started to lean in to kiss me.

   His lips met mine shortly before he pulled back.

   "I'll go out there and watch for my Mom."

   I told him, he nodded with his stupid cute grin before I disappeared out into the hallway.

  I realized I wasn't wearing much and hoped that Shawn would hurry up.

    "Come on!"

  I whispered through the door, moments later my door opened and Shawn tiptoed out, he slowly made his way across the hall, suddenly a floor board creaked below him.

    "Kiddos! You up?"

Shawn froze.

  My Mom called, I could hear her walking for the stairs, I motioned for Shawn to hurry up.

         Next thing I knew, Shawn dove into his room, and he quickly closed the door behind him, I tried my best not to laugh.

   "Ya Mom, just going to change real quick!"

I called down to her, she nodded and headed back for the kitchen.

   She appeared at the bottom of the stairs and smiled up at me.

    I hurried back to my room and closed the door tightly behind me.

   I leaned up against the door and slid down to sit on the floor.

  I let out a loud sigh of relief and ran my hands through my hair.

That was a close one.