Not Fine On The Inside

Scarlett Johnson

   "Scarlett? Are you okay?"

  I heard Blake ask beside me, I had totally zoned out while drawing and I managed to have accidentally drawn a huge dark line directly down the center of my paper.

  I quickly snapped my head in his direction and faked a smile, but I could tell he didn't buy it.

"Ya, umm... I'm fine..."

  I told him quietly, after a moment he took his eyes off of me and continued to draw the dog that he had been working on for the past few days.

I turned back to my work and tried my best to erase the black line, but I settled on starting over, I wasn't even that far in the first fist place.

After getting another paper I began to work on my favorite guitar of Shawn's, he used it to sing one of my favorite songs of his, and I had always just been so in love with everything about it.

"Nice."

  Blake told me at the end of class, and I glanced over at him after I slid my drawing into my folder, he was sitting on his desk all his attention on me.

"Thanks, yours looks great too."

  I told him with a smile, he grinned even wider.

"I actually wanted to talk to you."

  He said out of nowhere, I hesitantly nodded and stood from my chair.

"After school works."

  I told him with a smile, he laughed and nodded .

"Perfect, meet you out front."

  He said, and next thing I knew the bell rang and it was time for lunch.

I strolled down the hallway after drawing class and found Shawn leaned up against my locker, his phone in hand.

"Hey."

  I whispered in his ear, taking him off guard, he about dropped his phone.

"God, you scared me."

He said with a laugh, I smiled and quickly opened my locker, I had packed a lunch for myself that morning.

After I grabbed my lunch I noticed Jack watching Shawn and I as we made our way to the lunchroom.

"Nice eye Jack, it matches your personality!"

  I called over to him, his eye was still black and purple from Blake's fist and he glared over at me, but didn't say anything.

  Shawn looked taken aback at my words and grabbed my wrist to pull me onward.

"What was that?"

  He asked me, he had pulled me into the loud cafeteria with a confused look on his face.

"What was what?"

  I asked acting as if nothing happened, Shawn gave me a dirty look before he disappeared into the crowd of students to get his lunch.

That's when I spotted Adara and Nash, so I headed over to their table and took a seat.

"Hey Scar."

  Adara said mid laugh, I jumped in on their conversation and acted like I was fine, but in reality I wasn't, my Mom had left me.