Unexpected Feelings

Blake Rayment

   I watched as Shawn kissed Scarlett's head, my eyes widened at the sight, I didn't know what to do.

  My cousin was with his step sister, could things get any weirder around here?

I quickly turned around and acted as if I hadn't seen anything, I decided to take the long way home so my thoughts wouldn't be disturbed by anyone.

     With my mind spinning I continued down the path, what was Scarlett doing?

She was such a beautiful and sweet girl, but dating your step brother is a complete low, even for her.

I ran a hand through my blonde hair and glanced over my shoulder, in a way I felt like I was being followed. 

That's when I saw a black eyed Jack Gilinsky walking not too far behind me.

    "Rayment!"

He called, I sighed and stopped in my tracks to face him.

  "What do you want Jack?"

I asked sounding a bit annoyed, once he had stopped a few feet away from me he grinned.

   "You saw it, didn't you?"

He asked out of nowhere, I didn't really understand what he meant.

    "What are you taking about?"

I asked, his grin only seemed to widen at my words.

   "The famous step brother and sister."

He told me shortly, I nodded now understanding.

   "Ya, so what's it to you?"

I asked, I really didn't like Jack, and it wasn't getting any better with him in my presence.

   "We could ruin them, you know, just one viral pic is all it would take."

He told me, I shook my head, Shawn was family, but yet there was a part of me screaming to team up with Jack, Scarlett deserved better.

   "What do ya think Rayment?"

He questioned me after a short moment.

   "Jack, I think you're a crazy psychopath."

I told him before turning on my heel and heading away from him.

   "Alright Blake, if ya change your mind you know where to find me!"

I heard him call from behind, I shook his words out of my head and hurried home.

   I knew I had made the right decision, Shawn was family, and I liked Baylee too much to hurt her.

   Right when I thought it, I realized what was going on.

I was growing feelings for Scarlett, ones that I never thought I was possible of having.

   With a grin on my face I entered my house and greeted my Mom with a kiss on her cheek.

I had feelings for Scarlett, and nothing or no one could get in the way of them.