She Left

Shawn Mendes

4 Weeks Later

  "Shawn, are you okay?"

  I heard Aaliyah ask from my bedroom door, I rolled over in my bed to face her.

  She walked in and closed the door quietly behind her, that's when I finally noticed the screaming coming from downstairs.

  I sat up and patted the space beside me, Aaliyah came over to me and I wrapped my arms around her.

     "They're getting a divorce."

  She whispered, I sighed and ran my hand through her hair.

   Everything was falling apart in our house, first Scarlett and I, and now our parents were splitting up.

  Scarlett hadn't spoken to me in 4 weeks, and I was dying to hear her voice, or to see any sign of us getting back together, but I knew our chances were slim.

  After a few more moments of Aaliyah and I staying silent, we heard the front door slam shut, Aaliyah jumped slightly in my arms. Seconds later my bedroom door flew open,
Scarlett stood there motionless, tears in her eyes.

       "She left."

  She said quietly, I motioned for her to come over to us, she slowly approached us and sat on my other side.

  I wrapped my arms tightly around both of them and held on tightly.

  I pecked Scarlett's head lightly and ran my hand through her tangled hair, I missed her.

       "Kiddos?"

  I heard my Dad ask from the door, we all looked up to see a red faced Manuel, I could tell he had been crying.

   Aaliyah stood from my bed and made her way over to our Dad.

  She embraced him in a hug, and without saying a word he led her out of my room, closing the door behind them.

        I suddenly realized Scarlett and I were alone for the first time in what felt like forever, she pulled back from me and met my gaze, she was broken.