It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Scarlett Johnson
NEW YORK

   Shawn and I were out in time square, winter was approaching, and we could see our breath in the air as we walked.

   I was stupid and only thought to bring a light blue sweater to wear that I had found in my backpack, and it was getting late, the temperature only decreased from that point.

  I had my arms folded across my chest, and Shawn's shoulder bumped into mine every now and then.

  After a while my hands started to grow numb, and Shawn could tell.

"Hey are you cold?"

   He asked me as we rounded a corner onto a new street, christmas lights already out and on.

  I glanced over at him and met his hazel eyes, I smiled and tried to keep my teeth from chattering.

"No, I'm fine."

  I told him, which was a complete lie, I was worried my fingers would fall off at any second.

  After a few more paces, Shawn stopped which led me to stop with him.

"Are you cold?"

  He asked me again, I shook my head and forced my arms away from my chest, he watched my every move.

"Are you cold?"

  He asked again, I raised my eyebrows, how many times was he going to ask me?

"Shawn, when are you going to stop asking me that?"

  I questioned him, he smiled and shrugged.

"When you tell me you're cold so I can give you my sweatshirt."

  He told me, my cheeks turned warm and probably bright red.

"So..."

He said, I finally gave in, he could be so adorable at times.

"Okay, okay, you win I'm freezing."

  I told him, he laughed his musical laugh and slid out of his sweatshirt, leaving him in a light grey long sleeved shirt.

  He handed it over to me, and I slipped myself inside, some of his body heat left behind, instantly warmed me up.

"Better?"

  He questioned, I nodded.

"Much, thanks."

  I told him, he grinned and grabbed my hand.

  We continued down the street on our walk, everything perfect that night, not a worry in our little world.

     Unknown to the fact that our parents were bound to file a missing persons report at anytime.