The Idea

Scarlett Johnson

     "Hello?"

   Shawn asked after picking up, I sighed at the sound of his voice.

   "Hi."

  I said back shortly, I quickly locked my bedroom door behind me.

  I had snuck into my Moms room to find my phone in her nightstand minutes earlier and my Mom was just downstairs.

    "What's going on?"

  He asked after a few quiet moments, I took a seat on the edge of my bed and thought about what to say.

   "Scarlett?"

  He questioned, I snapped out of it and stood from the bed, I began to pace my room.

   "I have an idea..."

  I stated quietly, Shawn was quiet for a moment, and I took that as a sign to continue.

    "I'm coming back to LA, I should be there by tonight."

  I told him, I kept with the pacing back and forth and tried to keep my voice low.

    "Wait what?"

  He asked, I slowed down my pace and ran a hand through my golden hair.

   "I'm coming to Jingle Ball tonight, well only if you want me to."

  I whispered, I heard movement in the hallway just outside my door.

  I slowly made my way into my bathroom and locked the door.

    "Scarlett, as much as I'd love and want you to come back... I don't want things between you and your Mom to get any worse."

  He told me quietly, I took a seat on the closed lid of the toilet and closed my eyes, why was everything so complicated?

    "Shawn, I want to come... I need to get away for awhile, I don't care anymore."

  I whispered, I could fill tears starting to form in my eyes.

   "Okay baby, I'll get you a plane ticket... You just worry about coming back to me safely."

  He told me, I nodded and stood from the toilet.

   "I'll call you when I land, I love you."

  I whispered, a small smile had formed across my lips.

  "I love you too my princess, I'll send someone to pick you up at the airport. Be safe."

  He said quietly, my cheeks turned red at his comment.

   "I will, promise."

  I said before I hung up, now for the challenging part, sneaking out of the house.

  My phone then vibrated once in my hand after I had left the bathroom.

  I unlocked it to see Shawn had sent me a picture.

     It was a mirror selfie, he was in a black shirt with a picture of an Indian on it, I was pretty sure he was backstage getting ready for the last rehearsal later that night.

  Below the image I read.

   Shawn: Can't wait to hold you tonight... 😘

    Scarlett: 😘

I replied back shortly, I had to pack a bag and get to the airport as quickly as possible.