18

Scarlett Johnson

  "We can't just leave!"

    I yelled across my bedroom at my Mom who was standing in the doorway, her arms crossed.

"We can, and we are."

  She stated calmly, I gave her my best death glare and took a seat on my bed, and I folded my arms as well.

"My life is here! I'm not leaving!"

  I yelled, she shook her head.

"You're still a minor, you can't make that decision for yourself. Now come on start packing."

  My Mom told me in a tired voice, I shook my head.

  I then had a thought, I'd be 18 in literally three weeks, I'd just have to hold her off until then, but I knew that it would be impossible.

"My birthday."

  I whispered thinking things through out loud, I met my Mom's  eyes, she had raised her eyebrows at me.

"What about it?"

  She asked, I suddenly smiled out of nowhere.

"I'll be 18. I'll be legally responsible for myself."

I told her, she gave me a confused look.

"I'm not going with you."

  I told her, I stood from my bed to be at her eye level.

"Manuel won't mind if I stay, and Shawn is 18."

   I told her, the thought of Shawn and I moving out on our own popped into my mind, things began to spin, a plan was forming.

"I can still take you with me."

  My Mom told me, I shook my head.

"You could, but that'd be a total waist of a plane ticket."

  I told her, my Mom looked taken aback by my words, I grinned knowing that I was on the verge of victory.

"I'd just fly right back in two weeks."

  I told her, my Mom sighed and turned on her heel, next thing I knew she had descended the stairs and slammed the front door loudly behind her.

I noticed Shawn standing in his bedroom doorway his eyes glued to me, he had heard everything.

"Scar, you didn't have to do that."

  He told me quietly, I could tell he was a little mad, and I understood why.

  I didn't have to go all mean girl on my Mom, but I did have my reasons.

"Shawn. I did it for us..l"

  I told him quietly, he crossed the hall and entered my room, and he closed the door lightly behind him.

"Baby, you don't need to ruin your relationship with your Mom for us. It's not fair to you, or her, or even me."

  He told me, I nodded instantly realizing what I had done.

"I'm sorry."

  I whispered, he placed his hands on my cheeks and smiled.

"Don't be. I probably would've done the same thing."

He told me softly before he kissed my  forehead gently.

The thoughts of earlier came to mind, I was going to bring it up eventually, but it just wasn't the time.

I wanted to move out with Shawn as soon as I turned 18 in a few weeks, it was my only wish.