Birthday

Shawn Mendes

    "Happy birthday beautiful."

I told Scarlett, after she had opened the brand new all black acoustic guitar I had gotten for her the other day.

Her eyes widened as she held it in her arms and the next thing I knew she had set the guitar down and landed in my arms.

   "Thank you Mendes! I love it!"

She squealed out, she pulled back and planted a long passionate kiss on my lips.

   "You're welcome my love."

I told her quietly, she seemed to be completely lost staring at the guitar, so I took that as my cue.

   I slowly pulled Leo the lion off the shelf beside the door and I made sure the hole was noticeable in his back as I made my way back over to Scarlett.

   "I have something else for you."

I told her, she seemed a little confused and laughed when I revealed Leo to her.

  "Isn't he your baby?"

She asked, I shook my head, I could feel my cheeks turning pink at her comment.  

    "He's yours now."

I told her with a grin, I handed Leo over and she took him gently.

   She stared at his face for a moment and my palms started to sweat as she flipped him around.

The last thing I expected to happen, happened.

The little black box slipped out of the lion and hit the floor, I tried my best not to gasp and Scarlett about screamed from fear.

    She bent down and picked up the box, her beautiful eyes wide, her mouth fell open after she opened the box.

I slowly approached her and took the box from her delicate fingers.

   I got down on one knee and knelt down in front of her, I took her free hand in mine while her other one covered her gapping mouth.

    "Scarlett Rose Johnson, I know we are young, but I am so in love with you. I promise to love you forever and always, I'll protect you and be there for you forever. Will you do the honor in making me the happiest man alive? Marry me."