Chapter 1

First of all if you clicked on my story to check it out I love you so much <3 Ok well here is my story!!!

I stared out at the lake watching as a fish swam peacefully in the murky water. Then all of a sudden a bird came out of nowhere and scooped the fish up in its beak and left. It didn't care that the fish didn't get to say goodbye to its family, it didn't care that it was taking it away from the only place known as home. Because all that bird cared about was for their own selfish purposes. Or maybe that bird thought that they were saving the fish by giving the fish longer to live, because it knew that the fish wouldn't last in the lake for more than a day before dying.

Well I was the fish, and that was the same excuse I got when a man dragged me away from my house. The vampires already attacked my mother and father, so they were already lifeless on the ground. Before they were murdered they pushed me outside saying I should run away and never come back. But being the stupid 16 year old I was, I just stood by the door and cried.

Through my tear stained face I looked through the window by the door And saw a woman stare at me with bright red eyes with blood dripping from the corner of her mouth, my parents' blood. I opened my mouth to scream, but a hand covered my mouth and dragged me away. The man whispered in my ear telling me things were going to be okay, So I believed him. At that moment he was my hero...

But he was far from it.

He shoved me in the back of some truck and locked the door while he ran around front and hopped in the drivers seat.

"He got you too?" I jumped up in surprise realizing I wasn't alone. In the car was a girl around the same age as me, and a boy who looked about 18. I saw that the girl had her head down sleeping, while the boy stared directly at me.

"So, what happened to you? Something must have happened for you to end up with Greg." He scoffed at the name and leaned against one of the truck walls.

"Who is Greg?"

"Well the wonderful, magnificent person that saved us of course." He said in a high pitch voice that sounded to overly cheery for it to be true.

"Do you mean the driver? Because I don't see anything that he has done wrong, he saved me from the vampires."

"Are you sure that he really saved you? Or did he just move your funeral day a little bit later?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you read the name of the truck?" I moved my head side to side showing that I didn't. "Well then let me clear some things up for you." He sat up more straight and stared at me with an I-know-all smirk. "It says 'Blood-drive.' Now isn't that just ironic." I stared at him with my eyes probably looked right about to pop out of my head, shocked was an understatement of what I felt. "I guess you finally understand that this is just a way for Greg to make money and keep his own life. All of our life's' for his own, a selfish bastard isn't he?" After that the truck went into silence.

I thought back to his earlier question for a while and then answered, "Vampires barged into my house and took my parents away from me. What about you?"

I thought he wasn't going to reply so I rolled onto my side and was about to fall asleep, when he answered, "Daisy and I were playing outside when the blood sucking monsters arrived at our house." He looked at the girl next to him when he said 'Daisy' so I assumed that was his sister. "They always arrive like a hurricane, killing everything in its path." He seemed to be talking to himself now. "I mean they just took over without a warning." I bet if they didn't have that stupid prince things would be so much easier."

"Why would you think that?" I asked, I mean if you killed the leader wouldn't that just make vampires want to kill humans even more.

"You see, if the leader was gone that would give us humans hope that we could take down the vampires. More people would be prepared for their attack, and we would have guns while all they have is fangs. Then maybe then the vampires wouldn't have a chance to kill any more people including both of our parents." He took a huge breath then let it out, trying to slow down his heart rate. "There still is more humans then vampires now, but I fear that won't be true in the near future."