Chapter 11: Doubts

Author's note: My first and full novel 'Inayah's Struggle' is available on Amazon. First two chapters are on Wattpad. Please have a look and read. I really hope you purchase it and support my work so I can continue to write for all you lovely people. 

Secondly; This chapter is quite special. All three of my male leads in different books are in this chapter together. 

Feroz Qureshi: My Groom and his Brother
Emraad Rohail: Jahaan-Aara
Khizar Khan. 

It was a pleasure bringing these wonderful men together. Each man represents a different strength and struggle in the books. 

Enjoy.....

___________________________________________________________

Nervously chewing her spearmint flavour bubble gum, Amirah eyed the shelf behind the shop assistant. With her hands in her khaki jacket's pocket, Amirah loitered in the shop like a thief with her faux fur hood pulled over her head. The sharp nosed shop assistant had been monitoring Amirah for the past twenty minutes. The young woman made no purchases and ambled through the aisles. Amirah grinded the tasteless piece of gum between her teeth blowing up small bubbles and popping them with the intensity of her breath. 

"Can I help you?" The sharp nosed assistant approached.
Amirah backed away. "N...n..no. I'm fine." Amirah stuttered like she had been caught in the act looking at the item but unable to ask about it. How could she?
Quickly, Amirah dashed through the shop made her way outside. She took a deep breath and sighed in frustration. Then she took out her mobile and dialled Kara's number for the tenth time.
"Kara. Please pick up. Please reply." Amirah implored. "I really need you. I'm desperate. I don't know who to turn to." Amirah's voice quivered was on the verge of tears. "I'm stuck." Amirah looked through the shop window. "Please call me."

Once again Amirah cut off the phone in despondency. She made her way down the street when Sonya emerged from the health shop.
"Here, Mankuna honey." Sonya held the £30 jar up to Amirah. "Is this what mum wants for Muddasar's cough?"
Amirah's jaw worked frantically on the piece of gum; her mind spinning with worry.
"Did you get what you needed from the chemist?" Sonya asked.
Amirah ignored her and walked straight on.
"What did you need?" Sonya hurried behind her.
"It's none of your business."
"No need to be like that? What's with the mood?" Sonya tugged her arm and pulled her back.
"I'm just stressed. Okay!" Amirah threw her hands up in the air.
"Let's go to dads. You've got a key and there will be no screaming babies. He's got Netflix even though he doesn't watch it, he subscribed it for us. I want to catch up with The Walking Dead. Plus his screen is so much bigger." Sonya lured Amirah to their father's haven.

Over the past few days Amirah couldn't step out of bed. The breakup of her engagement caused her serious distress. But suddenly Amirah was adamant to buy something secretive from the chemist although it surprised Sonya, she was pleased her sister was out and about.
"Has Ayaaz called?"
"I don't want to talk about him." Amirah marched off cutting the conversation before it commenced. Sonya sensed that something was seriously wrong with Amirah. Ayaaz always made Amirah feel better, whenever there was a problem; there mere mention of his name made Amirah feel good, but now Amirah recoiled at the mention of his name. She didn't want to talk about him. What was going on with Amirah?

****

Standing tall and looking out the window, Khizar rested his hands in his trouser pocket. His wine red tie hung around his neck like a strip of silk thread. His navy blue shirt unbuttoned, a strip of his chest flashed through absorbing the golden rays of the sun that basked into his apartment. Today was his wedding day. Instead of excitement and joy, it was worry that made Khizar's hands clammy.