Shared Discontent

"Word has it King Ragnar has returned to the seat of Kattegat," Lagertha's crystal blue eyes scanned over the mute thrown room. Not a single on looker taking a breath as the shieldmaiden, a native born of Kattegat, stepped forth to the queen.

Asluag's harpy eyes hooked into Lagertha's figure before her, it was clear to see the muscles tense in the Queen's face. Pursing her lips before relaxing into an answer, "The wandering King has come but he does not wish to stay."

"A Queen who lets her King run around haphazardly, a shame Kattegat's leaders have fallen from glory to this," stinging in a curt tone Lagertha's eyes never shifted from Aslaug in front of her. Words meant causing a stir in the people surrounding them but both women remained silent.

"We come not in likeness to celebrate Ragnar's return," finding the footing to break the staring contest between his mother and Kattegat's female rule, Bjørn stepped before the Queen. Shifting the furs on his broad shoulders the tall, thick viking shone less of a resemblance to his birth father and reflected features similar to the shieldmaiden who'd raised him. Lagertha's eyes shifting to her son beside him, she did in fact step back from her thorny interaction with the Queen. Allowing her son to pursue the reason they traveled in the first place.

Attention taken off of the shrewd interaction regarding the two women, Aslaug sat stick straight in her thrown and moved her consideration over to her half son, "I know well Bjørn Ironside, that there is another half a moon cycle before you and my son set sail for the Mediterranean. If it were checking on the men you wish to accompany you, letters would have been simpler."

Shaking his head the large war worn viking discounted her thoughts, "I come not wary over that, I come with intent of leaving early. Graciously our uncle Rollo has financed a bit of an expedite on this journey. With reason to trust Floki accompanies us, his rule offered us the chance to leave nearly a month early."

"Why not send notice?" Aslaug's angular cheekbones tilted as she cocked her head a little to the side, scrutinizing the eldest son of her husband standing before her.

"Why waste the time?" Bjørn inquired without friction. The man's beryl eyes shifting onto the brother he had word would join him, "Hvitserk was the only one of your court that pledged to come. Notice would be if an army was to prepare. Not one viking."

No big rush to acknowledge the logistics of the viking, Aslaug cast her serpent eyes over to her second oldest. He'd made his way, along with Sigurd and Ubbe, to their mother's thrown. Eyeing the boys hushed nonverbal dispute, Aslaug glared at them briefly before glancing at the varagain who stood like stone behind her thrown. That she was at least pleased to see the woman refraining from interacting with her sons.

Looking back at the band who stood in the middle of her grand hall, Aslaug finally gave Bjørn a nod, "How soon has this expedition been hastened?"

Vastly less hostile than his mother, Bjørn was neutral with any gut reaction to what would be considered his stepmother. Bjørn's only concern of the honor held by his mother and her protection as much as his own honor, "Our ships are ready. We leave by day break."

"Here that?" gathering the fabric of her gown Aslaug rose from her seat, "We have two parties sending off in less then one day. King Ragnar intends to leave by morning as well."

Mentioned of his father earned a subtle reaction from Bjørn but few noticed. It was Lagertha to speak her mind out once again, "Where does a the King intend to go, with little to follow him?"

Chest swelling with a breath Aslaug couldn't help her nostrils flare as she exhaled slowly, eyes boring into Lagertha while her voice was even, "We will enjoy a feast, your group is welcome to join us Bjørn Ironside."