Sigurd and Hvitserk Lothbrok

Inhale in costively. Exhale out. Repeat another dozen times before tuning back into the swish of flipping pages echoing in the room.

"Dear varagain," Aslaug's satin voice awoke Eleri from the drone of her sedentary watch.

"Hmm?" Blinking the tired from her eyes Eleri inclined her consideration over to the Queen. Whom in the last hour stayed hushed while nodding off periodically as she flipped through pages of her harden leather bounded book.

"...I thank you for your work," contrary to the callous bit she'd taken since Ragnar's appearance, souring even more when the small band of her half son came traipsing into her city.

Contented with the small bit of thankfulness the Queen offered her, Eleri couldn't stop a small smile peak on her lips even in her droopy state, "You are a strong woman Queen Aslaug, even strong women need a hand sometimes."

The compliment was well received. The Queen clasped her book shut gingerly and set it aside, "Perhaps it is time to retire. Staying awake all night will not keep my son from following his desires."

Watchful of the Queen as she rose from her chair, Eleri did not budge immediately. Not quite sure how far her guard duty would persist for the wary woman. Aslaug noticed this and gave a slow nod, "You may retire for the night."

Externally staying still, but internally blessing the gods, Eleri felt her weary bones creak as she unfolded from her perch on the barely stuffed bench. Rising to full height and feeling the stationary strain on her body, "Good night Queen Aslaug." Though not her ruler Eleri still found herself bowing to the woman out of respect of the woes she'd dealt with. Never would Eleri fight for politics but it was regardless of the strength Aslaug had posed being married and baring four of Ragnar Lothbrok's children. It was something she could not hold in some semblance of regard for the woman.

"Good night my varagain," Aslaug crassly referring to Eleri's employment under her as a permanent fixture, she only cringed inwardly at the doltish thought.

Ambling through the halls of the great long house, Eleri reckoned it had been nearly three hours since her confrontation with Ragnar and subsequently the squabble with Ubbe. A sigh long and drawn out all Eleri could do was rub her fatigued eyes and disregard the situation with the viking. In all, what did he envision of her? Staying in Kattegat? Not getting what she came for? The idea asinine to the tired woman who began reserving back to her original plan of making a few gold pieces and taking the life she felt was owed to her. This likeness with the oldest unwise to the very literal woman.

Languid steps as Eleri drifted down the devoid hall closing in on her sought out room. Needing to put this day behind her. Moving on was not the case though when she saw Hvitserk loitering outside her door. Groaning Eleri stopped but not soon enough to steal away from his prying eyes, "Eleri!" waving down her attention Hvitserk ditched the door and swiftly tip toed over to her in the mute hall, "There you are I-"

"No," not even wanting to contend with what he was about to tell her, Eleri shook her head and brushed passed the viking.

"Wait you haven't even-" prying to get her attention Hvitserk followed suit behind the woman.

"No," Again curt and dry she ignored his pestering without second thought.

"Varagain wait I-" desperate to get her attention Hvitserk lost when Eleri got her grips on the door to her room. Before he could pull her away Eleri was welcomed into her personal space that had been invaded. Not only invaded but made to suit the comforts of the other two sons that were lounging in there.

Laid out on the bed, nearly asleep, the blond poof of Sigurd's hair was visible before Eleri registered his body sunk into her bed. Some excess blankets, furs and pillows on the ground, Hvitserk's own ground nest vacant since he'd been standing outside for her. Lastly Eleri craned her neck around looking to see where the oldest had posted himself in their stake out.