Whispers in the Dark

A sensation. Like something being poured over her hand. Thick and viscous liquid pooling in the creases of her hand before spilling over past her palms. The inability to open her eyes and see what it was that was forming over her tingling palms. Eleri struggled until she heard a voice in the waning light.

"Eleri, look I brought you more."

"Sigurd! Sigurd where are you?! I can't see you-" Shouting panic stricken out to the darkness Eleri could tell the voice instantly. Groping for some form of control over the abyss, Eleri struggled to open her eyes as the liquid in her hands turned into something more solid. More familiar. Something leafy.

"Why do you pick these? Why does Ubbe ask me about the small leather satchel you carry around? Eleri? Eleri I picked these for you." Dislocated like a haunting voice Eleri strained to lean forward, or what seemed like forward, to hear the gargle of Sigurd's voice fading out.

Fighting what seemed like a swallowing endlessness, Eleri could feel what he described form in her hands. Liquid into solid, that solid into the worn pelt of her herb satchel, the assaulting smell of pennyroyal flooding her senses enough to make Eleri question where she could even be to smell such a reek of the plant, "Sigurd-! Sigurd where-"

Brightness pouring into her line of vision caused a wince of pain from the woman. Grunting and trying to cover her face from the blaring light Eleri floundered to protect her eyes from the flare of light. Her hands wouldn't budge. Now her eyes open, her appendages fell to the torrent of seizing. Requiting control of her body until the sense of something under her and the familiar sound of Ubbe's minor grunts and moans every time they made love, scaled up her spine like a ladder.

Blasting light simmered down with the return of Eleri's eye sight. All to behold Ubbe under her. Back nestled in a fresh pile of hay, her body bouncing up and down with the movements of his hips as he trusted into her. Unaware of how she even came to such a rush, Eleri couldn't feel any of the pleasure. Not an ounce of his skin against hers or the rhythmic movements of their hips together. Surpassing alarm right into frightened dread, Eleri screamed out for Ubbe inches in front of her face.

Nothing.

He continued fucking like nothing was wrong. Eleri dismayed from it strained to get her arms to move, legs to shift, even to heave her body weight elsewhere. Everything in her rooted on top of Ubbe like she wasn't even in her body. Heart slamming into her chest walls like it was trying to escape the continual rise in fear, Eleri sensed her breathing coming shorter and harder. Like she was worked over, nothing but dead air filling her lungs, and she couldn't catch a breath to keep from suffocating.

Breaching to the point she was gasping for air and the compression in her lungs where the only sensation the varagain could feel. Eleri scrambled to move her body, to beg Ubbe to stop moving, hear her, anything. His hands on her hips, holding her down on top of him while Eleri watched from almost a third person view, struggled as breath and sanity slipped by without her consent.

Choking turning stunningly to the feeling of lukewarm water gushing over her icy stomach. Eleri gasped sucking in a breath thrown back into her body. All the senses filling her once more. All but the feeling of what should have been the grown viking under her. Grabbing frantically for what she just saw was Ubbe under her body, Eleri felt her hips in the same position like she was on top, but nothing was under her.

When control regained and she lurched down to touch the viking under her, Eleri alarmed felt her hands sink up to her knuckles in a tepid mucous. Unable to see yet what she'd sunk her palms into all the varagain first got was the stomach lurching scent of something similar to pigs blood in her flared nostrils. Followed by a gut wrenching pain like a serrated dagger into her abdomen.