Lothbrok Brotherhood

Bleeding every mug within arms reach of the sturdy oaken table, dry of it's contents quicker than the servants could keep them full. The quintet of brothers doing dirty damage one beer and mead, carcasses of assorted animals and assorted hardy loaves of bread. Like they'd never eaten before in their life even the three who weren't at sea for four months gulped down the feast. The cluster of all five vikings for the first time since family related chaos starting with Aslaug's death, Lagertha's claim to Kattegat and finishing with the unspoken nerve about Ragnar's fate, it was almost mirthful to be in just their company without the pressure of parents or elders in general.

Foregoing the majority of the meal together it was after one plate that Lagertha made no contest to dismiss herself and make better of her time than getting drunk with her child and step children. The time providing an opportunity to call Eleri to her side. Sort of a reprieve when Eleri rose to follow the Queen's command. Interestingly clingy when the varagain came to the orders to leave alongside the only other woman in the room, it was Sigurd leaving the table that put a crease in the mood.

Ivar needling his brother with a glare when Sigurd got up. Hvitserk silently questioning what Sigurd even got up for when Lagertha only ushered Eleri to her side. And Ubbe stern lipped but galled to see his younger brother so blatantly think he had the right to follow Eleri. In luck Bjorn kept a calmness amongst his younger siblings that let everyone relax.

"Sigurd, stay. Have more to eat and drink, nothing but a bleeding ear will come of leaving with the women," jesting the married man got an eye roll from his mother before Lagertha ushered herself and Eleri out. Sigurd took his seat once more beside Hvitserk but not happily. Grabbing his stein and hefting up a long draw on the beverage like he was doing them a favor staying with his brothers and not with the woman who'd left.

Around the table when it was assured that all five of them remained at the table without anyone within earshot. There was a glance cast over the table to everyone. Unspoken Bjorn and Hvitserk held one another's gaze when the eldest son of Ragnar looked to his sailing mate. Not perfect to bring up such heavy thoughts, in company of the five sons with no one else was the clearest shot they were going to get.

"...the raven," Bjorn lowering his crystal blue eyes down to the darkness of his mug. Ravaged like an icy stake right through the middle of the vikings, everyone looked down.

"...the seer, of one eye," amazingly Ivar in his own sullen-ness held a hushed tone.

One by one each son spoke of what signal they received errily at parallel times. Ubbe seeing the shadow of the feathered harbinger out in the forest. Ivar hearing the seer's words spoke to him as cold as ice. Hvitserk and Bjorn seeing the black herald out at sea with a scrap of fabric in it's bloody talons. Sigurd walking along side the side of Kattegat with the varagain and seeing the figure of someone not there. Every one of them sharing the same curdling feeling the signals brought.

"...mother says she heard him the night it must have happened," Bjorn pursed his thin pink lips and inhaled deeply. Recollection of the strong woman who'd raised him, voice faltering and the certainty that it was his father saying goodbye before disappearing into the darkness.

"Eleri," Sigurd's voice caught everyone by surprised when he spoke the foreigner's name. Craning around to look at the second youngest brother even Ivar's dark brows furrowed together confused at the mention of the varagain. All sets of eyes on him Sigurd looked away and gave a small nod, "...she had a nightmare about the raven....fabric in talons and all."

Outraged to even hear Eleri's name brought up within such family matters, Ivar began to pop off at what Sigurd spoke of, "Why in Odin's hell would the she witch have a dream about our-"