𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | BAD MOON RISING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY ABSOLUTELY HATED THE IDEA OF BEING IN A CAR WITH DAMON SALVATORE. Though, at the request of Elena, she was prepared to put her differences aside and accompany her best friend to find out more about what exactly the Lockwood's were. Alaric had agreed to escort them to Duke, where they would be able to go through all of Isobel's research. And, unfortunately, Damon had seemingly invited himself along for the ride.

Gwen's eyebrows furrowed at the sudden sound of a car horn from outside the house. As she pulled back the blind, she noticed a car parked out the front, then her eyes fixed to Damon Salvatore, who was perched against the car. "Riley! I think your friends are outside."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know. I'm just going." The strawberry-blonde witch ran down the staircase and grabbed her jacket from the coat rack.

Gwen raised an eyebrow toward her granddaughter with a disapproving look. "That Salvatore brother again, hm?"

A small chuckle left Riley's lips as she slipped her denim jacket on. "If it makes you feel any better, he and I aren't friends anymore."

"Remind me where you're off to, again?"

"Uh— Just, Elena and I have a research project, and Alaric's agreed to take us to Duke." Riley gave her grandmother a smile. "I shouldn't be back too late." The loud honk of Alaric's horn echoed through their ears again which caused Riley to roll her eyes. "See you later. Love you!"

"Love you, too, sweetheart!" Gwen called out just before she heard the slam of the front door. It was in her best interest to observe her granddaughter from the window as she headed out to Alaric Saltzman's car.

"Nice to see you this morning, Riley," Damon smirked with his arms folded across his chest as Riley wandered straight over to the car with an irritated look. "What's up with you?"

"I'm just preparing myself for the agonizing day ahead. You know, the fact that I have to be in your company is already giving me a headache." The strawberry-blonde witch fired back with a faux smile before she opened the back door and jumped in, besides Elena.

"Tell me about it." Elena chuckled softly to herself while Riley nodded in agreement.

Damon's eyes drifted into the back of the car and he narrowed his gaze toward the brunette girl. "You know, this whole pretending to hate me thing is getting a little silly."

Whilst Alaric's eyes remained on the road ahead, a small scoff escaped his lips. "I don't think she's pretending." He then glanced at Damon. "You did kill her brother."

"There is a huge asterisk next to that statement. He came back to life." Damon proudly defended himself with a shrug.

"Yeah, thanks to a ring you didn't know he was wearing." The Gilbert girl rolled her eyes and moved her gaze to the window beside her.