𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | BEFORE SUNSET

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE LAST THING THAT RILEY EXPECTED TO HEAR WHEN SHE WOKE UP WAS THAT ALARIC HAD COMPLETED THE TRANSITION. When Damon had left him at the tomb, it was quite clear that Alaric was not going to feed and complete the transition. But, Bonnie had turned up at the Gilbert residence with a bite mark on her neck. Damon explained that the Bennett witch was lured to the tomb in the middle of the night so that Alaric could feed on her to complete his transition.

"What do you mean he turned?" Stefan exasperatedly sighed as he wandered over to Bonnie with a towel for the wound on her neck. "I thought you were standing guard?"

"I saw Damon a little while after you guys left and encouraged him to go and see if Ric was okay. I mean, come on. It's not fair that he had to die alone." Riley filled the younger Salvatore in on the events after they left the tomb.

"Don't blame me. Blame Bonnie the blood bank." Damon rolled his eyes and glanced over at the wounded Bennett witch who was still wearing her dress from the dance. "She fed him."

"I had no idea what was happening. Okay, the witches led me there. They wanted him to feed so he turned." The Bennett witch defended herself while she continued to dab the towel against her neck.

Stefan nodded. "So, where's the stake now?"

"Oh, you mean the White Oak one? The one that can kill an Original and wipe out an entire line of vampires?" Damon questioned sarcastically before his smile dropped and he glared at Bonnie. "We don't know."

"If you are so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life?" Bonnie growled out of annoyance with her eyes narrowed toward the Salvatore.

"Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed them."

"Plus, if you let her die, I would've killed you. So, I mean, there's that." Riley shot Damon a pointed look.

"Alright, so, how do we kill him?" The younger of the two vampires cleared his throat in an attempt to change the subject.

"I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature, there's always a way to undo a spell."

"There has to be a balance." Riley nodded in agreement with the Bennett witch. "But, this time— it's different. Esther knew that we'd try and find a way to stop him. So, naturally, she planned ahead."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sudden ring of the doorbell. Jeremy rushed down the staircase and opened the door to reveal the Hybrid stood on the front porch. "What the hell do you want?"

Once Riley and Stefan heard Jeremy's voice, they rushed into the corridor. "What the hell are you doing here, Klaus?" Stefan glared at the Hybrid and pushed Jeremy aside for his own safety.