𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | BREAK ON THROUGH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY AND DAMON WANDERED HAND IN HAND, UP TO THE CONSTRUCTION SITE OF WICKERY BRIDGE WITH ALARIC AND MEREDITH. In the last couple of days, the group had worked out that the Gilbert thing that Alaric used to cheat death was slowly turning him into something worse— a psycho-killer who appeared to hate vampire sympathizers just as much as vampires.

The group glanced around at the dozens of construction workers and builders, but in amongst all of the chaos stood Rebekah Mikaelson. "Rebekah's up to something," Damon told them with his eyes fixed on her. "She's been snooping around places she shouldn't be."

"Tell me again, why are we here?" Alaric shoved his hands into his jean pockets and furrowed his brows.

"Ric, the world can't stop just because you're an accidental psycho-killer."

Meredith widened her eyes toward Damon and scoffed in disbelief. "Do you have any tact whatsoever?"

"Unfortunately, no. He doesn't." Riley shook her head and then gently slapped Damon around the back of his head. "He's a dick."

"Alaric, I'm glad you're here!" Carol Lockwood sauntered over to the group once she noticed the Saltzman's arrival. "Did you bring the sign? The restored Wickery Bridge sign. The history department promised you would have it today."

"No, I— I don't have the sign, actually. It slipped my mind. I've been busy."

"Well, it's not an emergency. We'll just, um, unveil it when the bridge is complete." Carol innocently told them, though there was a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Once Alaric noticed Carol had wandered away, he turned his attention to Meredith. "Get me out of here."

"My pleasure." She chuckled.

"Riley and I are gonna stick around for a bit," Damon told Alaric and Meredith whilst his eyes were fixed on an unfamiliar redhead a short distance away from them.

"Um, who the hell is that?" Riley asked. She tensed up the moment she saw the woman and Damon lock eyes.

"Blast from the past." Damon wriggled his eyebrows and tugged his girlfriend right over to the unfamiliar woman before them.

"Damon Salvatore, my favorite student." The redhead beamed with a grin on her face, then she turned her attention to Riley who was stood silently beside him. "And, who's this?"

"Riley Evans. Girlfriend." The witch innocently smiled and then glanced at Damon. "Who's this?"

"Sage, my old teacher." The Salvatore told his girlfriend before he set his sights back on Sage. "What are you doing here?"