𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | THE MURDER OF ONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE EVANS WITCH STAYED AT CAROLINE'S PLACE SINCE SHE AND DAMON HAD SPLIT UP. After all, there was no way that Riley could face going back into the Salvatore house and staying there after everything that happened. So, when Caroline offered Riley the spare room at her place, she knew it was the perfect opportunity to take herself out of the situation altogether.

She hadn't gotten much sleep. If Riley were being honest, all she did was lay there in the darkness and think about how screwed up everything had managed to get— How screwed up she and Damon had managed to get. She received seventeen missed calls, fourteen texts, and eight voice mails from Damon, but she didn't want to hear any of it.

"Riles." Caroline's voice called out to the strawberry-blonde, who was laid in the Forbes' guestroom with a large fluffy blanket wrapped around her. "I brought someone to see you."

"If it's Damon, tell him to leave me alone," Riley mumbled quietly. She didn't even spare a glance for Caroline or her visitor.

"Good thing I'm not him then, right?" Stefan innocently chuckled as he stepped into the room with his hands in his jean pockets.

"I'll leave you guys to talk." Caroline gave Stefan a small smile and then she headed off out of the room.

Stefan cleared his throat and perched on the edge of the bed, beside Riley. The strawberry-blonde still remained absentmindedly staring out of the window. "I texted you. A lot."

"Yep." Riley grabbed hold of her phone and scrolled through the dozens of missed calls. "Everybody has, apparently. My phone's been on Do Not Disturb. I guess you could probably understand why." She scoffed, then placed her phone back onto the desk.

"Riley, come on. You need to get out of this house, it's not healthy for you."

A chuckle left the little witch's lips that caused Stefan's brows to furrow. "No. What's not healthy is that I actually let myself fall in love with a psychotic maniac. I knew better. I always know better."

"I'm a little offended. Especially since, you know, when I feed too hard I rip people's heads off. Accidentally, of course." Stefan instantly shrugged and saw a small smile creep across her lips. "See, there it is! That smile."

"Hm." Riley cleared her throat and rested her head in her hands whilst her eyes were fixed on Stefan. "I heard Caroline mention something about twelve stakes?"

"Yeah. We've got twelve White Oak stakes. And, well, killing the Originals should be light work considering they're all still linked." Stefan straightened his posture and then sighed. "I don't suppose you could—"

"—No." She held her perfectly manicured hand up and shook her head. "I've had enough drama this week. I'm sorry, but nothing is going to change my mind."