𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | THE DEPARTED

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JEREMY FOUND ELENA UNCONSCIOUS IN THEIR UPSTAIRS ROOM AND IMMEDIATELY TOOK HER TO THE HOSPITAL. Though, after a quick assessment from Meredith, Elena turned out to be fine. Jeremy took her home with the assistance of Riley, Caroline, Tyler, and Matt. Riley explained the situation to Stefan and Damon, and Stefan decided he would come back to help out whilst Damon carried on with Klaus.

"I'm being over coddled. I feel completely fine." Elena whined from the couch, her eyes connected with Riley as she walked into the living room. "Riles, please, tell them they're overreacting."

"Can't." Riley shrugged with a short smile. "You've got two gorgeous men running around after you. Enjoy it, Elena."

"Woah. Hang on a second, did Riley Evans just issue us a compliment, Matt?" Stefan scoffed in the direction of Matt, then he wandered into the living room. His attention moved to Elena. "You're on house arrest. You're supposed to be coddled."

"Wouldn't it be smarter if we just got you the hell out of town?" Matt raised an eyebrow to see both Elena and Riley glare at him with looks of disagreement.

"And do what? Go on the run for the rest of my life? No thank you." The Gilbert got up from her seat and shoved the blanket off of her lap. "And I'm not an invalid. I'm done with the couch."

Matt watched Elena wander out of the living room, then raised an eyebrow toward Stefan and Riley. "So, you're just gonna let her call the shots?" He asked the two in a disapproving tone though he knew that arguing with Elena's wishes was a bad idea.

"Why not? She's making her own decisions. There's nothing wrong with that."

"Even if they're wrong?" He continued on.

"Nothing wrong with free will, Matt. Trust me, you don't realize that until you lose it." Stefan nodded, his hand rested on Riley's shoulder while they moved into the kitchen and away from Matt. "Speaking of making decisions," Stefan whispered in his best friend's ear. "I heard you slept with Damon last night. Does that mean the two of you are back together?"

"Heard as in heard. Or, heard as in he told you?" The strawberry-blonde anxiously asked as she watched a smirk grow on Stefan's face. "Oh. Right. I—um. I didn't know you were home."

"I guessed as much." The Salvatore chuckled softly, then folded his arm across his chest.

"Honestly, I don't even know." She let a small sigh escape her lips. "We didn't really get a chance to talk about it afterward."

Stefan furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?"

"I kinda, uh— left straight after he fell asleep." Riley awkwardly admitted when she saw Stefan's eyes widened.