𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER THIRTEEN | ALL MY CHILDREN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN AS THE SUNLIGHT BEGAN TO POUR INTO THE BEDROOM FROM THE LARGE WINDOWS. The strawberry-blonde yanked the blankets up over her body and rolled over with the intention of going back to sleep, instead, she saw Damon. He was laid completely naked, with one arm rested underneath his head whilst his eyes lingered on her.

"Something I can help you with, Damon?" Riley muttered softly, her eyes closed whilst the vampire awkwardly cleared his throat.

"What're you talking about?" The Salvatore immediately answered.

"You're staring." The witch chuckled softly. Eventually, she let her eyes open again and she rolled over to lay on his chest whilst she looked up at him. "Are you and I gonna have to revert back to the time when I thought you were nothing more than a stalker?"

"We could. But, that would also mean going back to the times before you and I slept together." Damon countered with a pointed look on his voice. He watched her lick the inside of her lip and he smirked, knowing he had the upper hand. "But, hey, if that's something you want, I can—"

"Okay! You made your point. There's no need to carry on." Riley rolled her eyes.

"No, no. It's absolutely fine. I'm more than happy to accommodate your needs, Riles. No sweat." Damon chuckled softly and made every attempt to roll over, but Riley grabbed hold of his arms and straddled him.

"I hate you." The witch narrowed her eyes toward him.

A smile grew upon Damon's lips as he lifted his hand up to her cheek and gently tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Hate is such an ugly word for someone so beautiful."

"Sh." Riley gently placed a kiss on his lips before she jumped off of the bed and headed over to the dresser. "I had a text from Elena last night. She's having second thoughts about the whole linking the Originals together."

"What?" Damon scoffed. "Why?"

"She said not all of them deserve to die— by all I'm assuming she means Elijah." Riley noticed Damon roll his eyes and she raised an eyebrow toward him whilst she tugged her shirt over her head. "What's with the look?"

"Elijah is just as bad as all of them. Besides, it's a little too late for Elena to be having second thoughts. They're linked."

"He wanted me to tell him about what Esther wanted with Elena." Riley attempted as she turned around once more, noticing Damon's eyes were wide with intrigue. "I just— God, I've never felt so awful."

"Careful, Riley. Your Elena's showing." The Salvatore pouted.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───