𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY | THE SUN ALSO RISES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SHORTLY AFTER RILEY HAD RETURNED BACK TO THE SALVATORE HOUSE, KLAUS ARRIVED AND HAD TAKEN HER, TOO. The witch knew that she had to be strong, and she knew that whatever happened if she died, the sacrifice wouldn't work. She was more worried about Elena, who anxiously stood beside her whilst one of Klaus' witches led them down to the quarry.

"Where are we going?" Elena sighed out. She and Riley could barely see a thing, all they could see was a few feet in front of them.

"This way." The witch instructed with a bored tone of voice.

"Wait a minute. Aren't you Luka's sister?" Riley raised an eyebrow. "We heard about you. He and your father were so desperate to find you."

"They were wasting their time. I wasn't lost." The female witch softly chuckled before she waved her hand and illuminated the entirety of the quarry with fire that startled both the females.

A few feet away from them laid a body. Riley's eyes widened, almost as if she recognized who it was, then Elena sprinted straight for her— it was Jenna. "Jenna? Jenna. Hey, hey, hey. Jenna!"

Riley bent down beside the doppelganger and placed two fingers at Jenna's neck as if she were checking for a pulse. But, once she couldn't feel one, her face fell. "Oh, my God. He— he killed her?" Riley asked Greta, Klaus' witch. "Klaus killed her?"

Almost as if on queue, a sudden gasp of air escaped Jenna's mouth as she jolted upright with a startled look on her face. "She's not dead." Greta vaguely answered. "She's in transition." Greta stepped away from the females in order to prepare the spell.

"Oh, my head." Jenna suddenly cried out as she clutched her head within her hands. "What's wrong with me?"

Elena crawled toward her Aunt. "Do you remember what happened?"

"You called me. You were so scared." Realization immediately fell across Jenna's face. "I should've realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me— a vampire."

"Klaus," Riley told her as she nodded. "It was Klaus."

"He made me drink his blood. And, I don't remember anything after that." Jenna frantically began to look around. "Where are we? What happened?"

"We're at the quarry. He brought us here." The doppelganger comfortingly placed her hand at her Aunt's forearm. "Jenna, do you remember when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?"

"Yeah. If you die with vampire blood in your system, it's—" Realization once again hit Jenna and her eyes widened fearfully. "Oh, God. He killed me."

"Hey, Jenna. Jenna, it's okay. Everything's going to be fine. We're gonna get you out of here, alright?" Riley tried her best to comfort the newly-transitioned vampire.