𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | THE HOUSE GUEST

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY HAD BEEN UP THE ENTIRETY OF THE NIGHT, WORRYING ABOUT THE SACRIFICE. Part of her didn't want to believe what Damon was saying and that Klaus didn't need her blood for the sacrifice, but the further she looked into it, the more she realized that it was true. But, she hoped that since Elijah was daggered, maybe it would put an end to the prospect of the sacrifice even happening.

"Hey, Riley. You ready for school?" Elena's preppy voice echoed as she appeared in Riley's doorway with her usual innocent smile. But, the smile soon faded when she noticed the look on Riley's face. "God. You look awful, are you sick?"

"No. No, sorry. I— I'm fine. Let's just get today over with, alright?" Riley grabbed her handbag and wandered out of her bedroom, whilst Elena led the way. Riley was not prepared for school in the slightest but she wanted to try and move forward.

Riley and Elena stopped in at the front door so that Elena could grab her jacket, but Riley's attention was taken by Damon, who was seated in front of the fireplace with a glass of bourbon. "Morning, little witch. You sleep okay?" He turned his attention to Riley, who literally looked as if she had got no sleep. "Nevermind."

"Morning, Damon." The doppelganger innocently smiled toward him, but after a few moments, Damon sped over to her and pinned her to the wall. "What are you doing here? l told you to leave. You wear her clothes like you think that's gonna work?"

"What is your problem?" Elena panted out as Damon's grip upon her throat tightened.

"Damon! Let go of her." Riley's eyes widened as she tried her best to yank the Salvatore away from Elena, but he glared back at her. "Wait. You think she's Katherine?"

Elena's eyes fearfully widened from in Damon's hold. "Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb. Isn't she?"

Just as Damon's grip upon Elena's throat relented, Stefan ran down the staircase at the sound of the commotion. "What the hell's going on here?"

"You tell us." The Evans witch glanced to her best friend, who looked as dumbfounded as she did. "Is Katherine in the tomb, Stefan, or not?"

"What the hell's going on?" Elena appeared behind Stefan, and suddenly the trio didn't know who was who. Which one was Katherine Pierce?

A soft chuckle escaped the lips of the doppelganger that was just in Damon's hold as she turned to Elena. "Oh. It's getting really easy being you."

"What is she doing here?" Elena Gilbert folded her arms across her chest and paced up and down, pondering the arrival of Katherine Pierce.

"I second that." Riley exhaled in disbelief as she sat beside Damon on the couch.

"When we killed Elijah it broke the compulsion, and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon vaguely answered, though even he was unsure whether the explanation he had given was correct.