𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | THE LAST DAY

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY AND ELENA HAD AGREED TO TRUST ELIJAH, THOUGH DAMON WAS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE NEW ALLIANCE. The eldest Salvatore did not want to even consider the possibility that Elijah would be able to help them against Klaus. Instead, he refused to have any part in the whole thing because he knew that sooner or later, they would live to regret it.

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah told the group of supernaturals as he paced up and down the parlor. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena and Riley said that the sun and the moon curse is fake?" Stefan raised an eyebrow. He glanced at the two girls that sat across from him, then back to the Original vampire. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it— he'll be a true Hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon's voice immediately boomed as he begrudgingly stepped into the room after listening in. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"No. Elena and I already told you that Bonnie dying is not happening, Damon." Riley immediately shook her head, almost irritated that Damon had brought up the idea of Bonnie sacrificing herself once more.

Damon rolled his eyes as a sigh escaped his lips. "I'll write her a great eulogy."

"It's not an option." The doppelganger snapped again.

Stefan cleared his throat in an attempt to defuse the tension. "Alright, how do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah tried his best to explain the general idea of the sacrifice ritual. "Then, once the sacrifices of the vampire and werewolf are done, Klaus will need the blood of the Evans witch."

"Well, that's a little vague," Damon grumbled, though he felt a rush of fear run through his body. "Is he gonna have to drink from her. Give me a little more info, please."

"No. In order for Riley's blood to work, she'll need to be very much alive in order for the sacrifice to work." A small gasp of relief left Damon's lips, his eyes were drawn to Riley and he knew that he could not let anything happening to her at Klaus' hand.

Elena furrowed her brows. "And, where do I fit into it?"

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger to the point of your death." Elijah told the group as he pulled a small jar from a wooden box. "This is an elixir that I acquired some five-hundred years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."