C H A P T E R 10

Happy times come and go, but the memories stay forever.

The irritation in his eyes was gone and I just stared at him as he gave a breathtaking smile to my parents. Then his eyes landed on Olivia. He looked at her for a moment, frowned a bit until his eyes fluttered to meet my wide eyes.

And then in a picosecond, his charming smile dropped and his lips pressed in a straight line. His eyes hardened and they openly glared at me causing me to shrink back a little in fear. Nobody's gaze, or rather glare had ever intimidated me so much. He looked extremely scary when he glared at me like that. It was like he was trying very hard to send me six feet under with his glare.

Probably sensing the tension at the table, Mrs. Jenson cleared her throat. "Well, this is getting awkward." She muttered under her breath.

"Um...let's start dinner," Olivia said as her stomach made a low grumble.

"Yeah," I said, looking away from Ethan Evans' murderous glare.

Soon enough, four servants came out of the kitchen. They started laying down the plates, forks and spoons. I silently watched them do their work, inconspicuously stealing glances at the man sitting opposite my best friend who just might be planning my grand murder for as petty a reason as pushing him into the pool, accidentally. He wasn't looking, well actually glaring at me anymore, for which I was thankful. But he had this deep frown on his face which told me he was irked.

As the servants served us the steak with a side dish of mashed potatoes which we were having for dinner, along with some side dishes I didn't know the name of because I never had the pleasure to taste them before, Ethan started a conversation with dad about business.

"I think I'll have to make a trip tomorrow to France to check up on Slice Of Life. Their has been complaints from the customers about the poor quality of food, irregular service and also the hotel staff's behavior due to which we have noticed a rapid decrease in customer base over the past few months. Our profits have gradually decreased. We'll have to fire some employees, train the remaining ones, ensure better quality and quantity, make the prices affordable to all. I think we'll be able to pick growth pace and profit increase rate in about three months," He finished with a poker face.

Mr Jenson nodded slowly. "So I think you'll be back from Marseille around Wednesday night, right?"

"Yes, sir. I think I'll be back by then."

"Good because I want you to supervise my Encore casino from the next day of your return. I'll trust with it's decisions for the next two month. But I'll take the final call."

"Yes sir, thank you."

Mr. Jenson's eyes crinkled at the ends as he smiled. "You're doing great, Ethan. I'm sure after two months or so, you'll be able to handle your own family business just fine. Peter will be so proud of you," he said, before taking a sip of water from his glass. "I don't know why Peter would think that I'll be able to train you more better than him. He is the top in the Forbes list of the most influential businessmen after all."

"Yeah he is, but according to him you are more experienced."

"I don't know. I don't agree."

"And he told me you're the most modest person too," Ethan gave a small smile to Mr. Jenson.

Mr. Jenson chuckled and shook his head.

"No talk about work at the dinner table," Mrs. Jenson said, looking at Ethan and Mr. Jenson.